We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Am I overthinking it?!

(4 Posts)
Long2016 Thu 14-Jan-16 17:43:36

I'm having real trouble in finally deciding on a boys name.

There are names which tick all my boxes on paper and there are names which I like the sound of but for some reason I can't imagine our little boy / son being called these things. When you were choosing names could you imagine them being called these names or did you just go for a name which you liked and trusted they would suit it / grow into it?

The only names which are currently on our possibles list are Henry, George, Toby and Reuben. But the more I think about them I wonder if I like them. I am just confused! I wonder if I am out for a perfect name (which there probably isn't) as this is our little IVF miracle!

Any advice on how you went about choosing your boys names would be much appreciated!

SnuffleGruntSnorter Thu 14-Jan-16 17:46:59

If this helps, DH and I have had a favourite boys name for years, before we were even married and long before we were pregnant. We still spent the entire pregnancy talking about other boys name to see if there was a more perfect one.

In the end we chose our name anyway even though it didn't really feel real that we would have a child and that would be his actual real name that he would be called and people would call it and he would answer because it's his name wink

Took me about three months to really get used to it after he was born too!

SnuffleGruntSnorter Thu 14-Jan-16 17:48:32

Now it feels ridiculous to imagine him being called anything else

WelliesTheyAreWonderful Thu 14-Jan-16 23:44:17

What Snuffle said. I know it sounds weird but it felt really weird saying his name at first, even though we'd chosen it by 20 weeks, but I've always loved it and love it still. He now totally suits it and it's strange to think it's not just his name!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now