Talk

Advanced search

Flynn or Evan | Keela or Nora

(19 Posts)
LifeIsLikeACamera Sun 10-Jan-16 12:25:43

I have been loitering around on this site for a while, never made an account and never commented, just been being nosy really... I was about to post about a couple of days ago (when my kiddies were born) but then the troll started to appear and started posting about twins and early births, etc. something which is to do with me (my twins were born at 26 wks) and then all future posts to do with those subjects were deleted (not sure if they were made by the troll or not) so it completely put me off, but I figured Mumsnet wouldn't just delete posts without looking into things, so I think I should be just fine smile

Anyway...

Like i said, my twins were born on the 7th at 26 wks - one wee boy and girl. i am irish and dh is welsh and we live in the us... confusing!! So, we have our final names, but are really unsure about them.

We don't know if we want Finn/Flynn or Evan for our wee guy and Keela/Keely or Nora... Maybe Ciara, but seems to be getting more popular??

We need names that will work in the US too and not sure if any of these will!? any suggestion would be nice, thanks a lot.

teacher1984 Sun 10-Jan-16 12:36:47

I LOVE Flynn and think it would work just fine in the US. I also LOVE Nora - this is Irish, right? Ciara also lovely. No idea which of the girl's names work best in the US though.

Sofiria Sun 10-Jan-16 13:40:17

Of your options I prefer Evan and Nora. I don't know much about US naming trends but don't see that either of them could cause difficulties!

Ciara is nice, but I've come across girls pronouncing it as Keera, Kee-ara, See-ara, Sierra - so I think whichever pronunciation you've chosen, you'll have people getting it wrong.

nextusername Sun 10-Jan-16 13:42:46

I like Evan and Ciara best.

MaudGonneMad Sun 10-Jan-16 13:43:58

Finn and Nora are great names.

Ciara is nice.

Hate Flynn and Evan, and Keela.

RiverTam Sun 10-Jan-16 13:45:46

Flynn is Rapunzel's love interest in Tangled, he's very cool and the spit of Adrien Brody which is no bad thing imo, don't know if you know (or care!).

Evan and Nora woukd be my choice.

ashesandfire Sun 10-Jan-16 14:13:09

Of your options I like Finn and Nora best. Really dislike Keela. Flynn, Evan and Ciara are all nice.
How about Cora? I LOVE Cora.

Sophronia Sun 10-Jan-16 14:14:26

Either Evan and Nora or Finn and Nora. Don't like Flynn or Keely/Keela

Congrats on your twins OP flowers

LifeIsLikeACamera Sun 10-Jan-16 14:33:56

thanks everyone x

we have actually discovered a lot more names we like -
we think finn may still be our fav, but we really like Aidan rn smile and for girls we are finding it a lot harder! caitlin is nice... for our prince, any name seems to suit him! yet our princess, nothing!! sad sad

Thetruthfairy Mon 11-Jan-16 20:41:43

Nora's popularity is climbing fast in the US. She is quite trendy over there.
I like Evan and Aiden.
Cora is cute...

PurpleThermalsNowItsWinter Mon 11-Jan-16 20:47:56

I remember nothing suiting my tiny little girl...all the big names that I had to test on her Gabriella, Isabella, Rose, Elvine, Kiera, Eilidh....she was so small and tiny only a particular 4 letter name suited her.
Children nearly always grow into names though.
Love Finn and Nora though.

MagicFinger Mon 11-Jan-16 21:46:28

Not keen on Keela, a bit Kelly/Kaylee/Keelie but others lovely

Secondtimeround75 Mon 11-Jan-16 21:49:23

Love Finn & Aidan

Love Nora , prefer it with a h Norah

applecatchers36 Mon 11-Jan-16 21:52:42

Finn/Flynn and Nora

IoraRua Mon 11-Jan-16 22:02:16

Aidan is gorgeous, Evan nice. Bit meh on Finn.
Don't like Keela or Nora. Ciara is lovely.
What about Orla?

JenniferAnistonsHair Tue 12-Jan-16 06:23:15

How about Rosa? Or Margo/Margot?

I like Nora, but think I prefer Cora or Coral.

Like all your boys choices though. I find boys names much easier for some reason! Congratulations and good luck.

timelytess Tue 12-Jan-16 06:31:56

Finn and Nora.
Aidan and Rosa.

mrsschu Tue 12-Jan-16 08:41:25

Flynn is awful frankly. As an Irish person myself, I can never understand how a fairly common, uninspiring surname has become a "trendy" first name. It will become dated very quickly IMO. Finn is nice and Aidan is lovely. Evan is fine, I'm not a massive fan but no serious objections to it. Nora is nice. Keela feels a bit made up to me (don't know if it is or not) and along with Keely, it's the kind of name that already has a dated to feel to it IMO. I like Ciara but depends on whether problems with pronounciation and spelling will annoy you (and her later!).

SweetSuz Tue 12-Jan-16 16:13:17

Don't like Keela love both Flynn and Evan with Nora.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now