Talk

Advanced search

Opinions on Ciara Madeleine?

(18 Posts)
CH0510 Sat 09-Jan-16 17:13:57

Ciara is 100%; Madeleine isn't. We are stuck on middle names - all the names we love end in an a sad
- Olivia
- Isabella (but maybe Ciara Isabelle?)
- Victoria
- Gabriella (but maybe Ciara Gabrielle?)
- Francesca
Last name is Honeywood...

IguanaTail Sat 09-Jan-16 17:18:47

I think it's gorgeous. Nice not to have 2 names ending in "a"

IoraRua Sat 09-Jan-16 17:40:39

I think it's nice. Prefer Gabrielle but much of a muchness between them. Not a fan of two a ending names though!

bean737 Sat 09-Jan-16 17:55:53

Don't see the problem with two names ending in a, I think it can sound quite nice. Ciara Olivia has a nice ring to it. I do love Madeleine though, it's a beautiful name.

nextusername Sat 09-Jan-16 18:00:58

I think Ciara Victoria sounds good.

Ciara Jasmine
Ciara Jane
Ciara Seren
Ciara Natalie
Ciara Zoe
Ciara Lucy
Ciara Miriam

LynetteScavo Sat 09-Jan-16 18:15:59

Why can't you have a middle name ending in "a"? confused

Madeleine is lovely.

So is Gabriella. And I think it flows slightly better than Madeleine.

NadiaWadia Sat 09-Jan-16 20:29:40

Clara Madeleine is gorgeous. And agree that it flows better than a middle name also ending in 'a'. I would also say you don't want a middle name beginning with a vowel as the 'a' at the end of Clara would run into it when you say them, so you either end up adding an invisible 'r', eg sounds like Clara Rolivia or with some kind of glottal stop in between. So that would rule out Olivia or Isabella, even though they are beautiful names. It's difficult.

IoraRua Sat 09-Jan-16 21:10:43

Ciara, not Clara Nadia wink

timelytess Sat 09-Jan-16 21:17:39

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl6gEKoNSdw
vimeo.com/31341207

NadiaWadia Sun 10-Jan-16 03:24:25

Oops, my eyesight must be getting worse! Iora blush. Oh well same thoughts apply to that too.

CH0510 Sun 10-Jan-16 05:13:42

Thanks everyone! Now, should I go with Ciara or Kiera? 1, to stop it becoming Clara! wink 2, my name begins with a c

Sunshine511 Sun 10-Jan-16 08:09:32

The most common spelling is Keira rather than Kiera (it's higher up the rankings by a huge proportion). I chose Keira for my daughter but that was largely down to the fact my cousin has a daughter called Ciara pronounced Key-a-ra, which is obviously incorrect. Unfortunately, a number of people have used that spelling and do pronounce it wrong which is a real pain. I wanted to have the Key-ra sound but didn't think it would be right for me to use the same spelling as my cousins young child. Ciara is beautiful. I think you'd be fine with that. Hope this helps x

CH0510 Sun 10-Jan-16 08:16:40

I think the reason Keira is more popular, is because of the actor (but that's only my opinion) and she even said her parents were meant to spell it Kiera... Lovely choice either way tho! smile

Sunshine511 Sun 10-Jan-16 08:41:13

Yes, you're right! She did say that. It's just one of those names with 2 spellings. I saw it more as the female version of the boys name Keir, rather than Kieran without the n. Like you said, nice either way.x

milkingmachine1 Sun 10-Jan-16 08:53:19

Or you could spell it the Italian way: Chiara. The pronunciation is kee-ah-ra

milkingmachine1 Sun 10-Jan-16 08:54:40

Sorry forgot to add the spelling Chiara is a bit further away from Clara

Junosmum Sun 10-Jan-16 10:35:55

I was pronouncing it kee-ar-ra until some mentioned the spelling. Because I know a ciara pronounced kee-r-ra not kiera, I thought they were different names!

Two a ending names doesn't sound weird and I think all your selection works well.

Grizzer Tue 12-Jan-16 19:09:32

I have a Ciara Erin. We are in London but Dh is Irish so we went for that spelling which is the original spelling for the name (pre Keira Knightly!) I love the spelling but dd is always called Ci-ara as in Tiara! She's 5 now & isn't too concerned that she has to spell it for everyone.
I love the name.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now