Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy hormones just presented me with this little gem.....

(23 Posts)
Hipotle Wed 30-Dec-15 23:17:39

...in our apparently fruitless search for a boy's name.

Bartley.

I mean seriously, where did my brain find that one from? Thing is, there's a tiny bit of me thinking it's actually quite a good name.... I'm wrong, aren't I?

defineme Wed 30-Dec-15 23:25:16

Bart Simpson is an ingrained part of our culture. But that probably doesn't matter.-sounds American to me.but is apparently the Irish version of Bartholemew and i really like biblical names like that.

Georgeofthejungle Thu 31-Dec-15 00:17:43

We stangely like Buzzfield! Similar level of crazyness grin

Champagneformyrealfriends Thu 31-Dec-15 07:00:44

I'm originally from a place called Batley (as in "Variety Club") and it made me think of there! Pregnancy hormones are fun though-I grilled a frozen pizza instead of baking it yesterday.

fluffygreenmonsterhoody Thu 31-Dec-15 07:11:22

Normally I'd say go with whatever you like. Before I say that, you do realise it rhymes with fart..?

Hipotle Thu 31-Dec-15 08:33:37

Some excellent points here!! Loving Buzzfield too grin

TattieHowkerz Thu 31-Dec-15 10:57:41

If you plan to give birth to a bulldog it is perfect!

xmasseason Thu 31-Dec-15 12:23:51

I though "Simpsons" straight away too.

Barnaby/Barney?

Hipotle Thu 31-Dec-15 13:16:48

Barney is quite cute, hadn't thought of that. But then we're risking going from Simpsons to Flintstones!!

dotdotdotmustdash Thu 31-Dec-15 15:24:48

That's one gem that should never have been dug up.

Naughty hormones!

AlisonWunderland Thu 31-Dec-15 15:26:10

My hormones temporarily named mine Rocky

myotherusernameisbetter Thu 31-Dec-15 16:15:43

Barclay? Bit posh grin

SilverOldie2 Thu 31-Dec-15 16:16:29

So so wrong OP grin

herdwicksheep Thu 31-Dec-15 16:24:19

When I was pregnant with DS, I legitimately thought Squirrel was the most beautiful name. Thankfully DH vetoed that one and DS doesn't have to grow up sharing his name with a rodent confused.

SatsukiKusakabe Thu 31-Dec-15 16:24:30

Barney is Homer's best drunk friend <helpful>

Bartley is certainly...well you've still got time to come up with something else grin

Buzzfield is just...I'm almost speechless. It may be crazy, it may be genius. Just where did it come from?! Brilliant.

SatsukiKusakabe Thu 31-Dec-15 16:31:05

I'm sure I had one like this but I'm struggling to remember it now. I distinctly remember saying to dh "if you really think about it, it's not that different sounding to Robert" and him looking at me confused Safe to say it was nothing like Robert!

Georgeofthejungle Thu 31-Dec-15 16:42:03

Buzzfield comes from my DH great great uncle (maybe even another great!). Buzz for short obvs. It could be a contender!!

Loving squirrel 😂😂😂😂

Georgeofthejungle Thu 31-Dec-15 16:43:47

Meant to say - my OH loves Rocky. Think he is getting worse hormones than me! hmm

SatsukiKusakabe Thu 31-Dec-15 17:44:57

You know what, with a family link like that I'd be tempted for a middle name. Buzzfield. Kind of legitimatises it. I'm not even pregnant so what's my excuse

I could see how Squirrel could happen. I definitely once contemplated Fox. <I want to believe>

SatsukiKusakabe Thu 31-Dec-15 17:47:16

It has just occurred to me it is a bit like BuzzFeed though, if that's a problem

Georgeofthejungle Thu 31-Dec-15 21:28:22

Na that's no problem! Allan and James are our middle names for a boy. Buzzfield Allan James. 😂 It's like we've got them mixed up.

Serious though.. I'm pretty hung up on Samson at the mo.

Hipotle Thu 07-Jan-16 20:52:15

Well, from Buzzfield to Buzzfeed....just spotted the name Bartley on a Buzzfeed list of beautiful Irish baby names for 2016 grinshock Obvs I don't want it now if it's going to be über popular wink

But little baby Buzzfeed on the other hand......

JenniferAnistonsHair Thu 07-Jan-16 21:19:23

I put Macauley on the list for our first born. That was most definitely hormone related too... hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now