Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any girls' names suggestions?

(14 Posts)
MyNameIsSuz Wed 30-Dec-15 07:58:33

I'm 30 weeks with number two, we thought a girl would be easier to name as we really struggled with a name for ds, but we can't agree! So I'm looking for suggestions to see if there's anything we hadn't thought of.

The only one we'd both be happy to go for if the baby was born today is Sylvie, but I'm not sure. It just seems like it might be a bit... faddy?

If it was up to me I'd go with Cecilia, but it's too religious for dh. He likes Margot and Cadence, I don't really.

So, any suggestions?

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 30-Dec-15 08:00:42

Constance
Celia
Carys
Selina
Serena

But I quite like Sylvie.

Poppyclock Wed 30-Dec-15 08:07:02

I like Sylvie too but it's definitely being used a lot. 2 little girls at my DS's daycare are called Sylvie and I've seen it mentioned on quite a few threads here lately. Ummmm... What about claudia, jasmine, rhona, orla, Kushla, shafia, Lindi, dhalia, Alice. Admittedly that's a random list of women I work with but food for thought!

BikeRunSki Wed 30-Dec-15 08:10:40

I only know 1 Sylvie. She's 6. It's the name I like best of all the sugguestions.

MyNameIsSuz Wed 30-Dec-15 08:24:06

Thanks everyone, I'm just feeling so... uninspired. I think it's because I have a favourite but dh won't let me use it!

CelestiaLuna Wed 30-Dec-15 08:39:11

I think Cecilia is the nicest too, I don't think it's obviously religious I associate it more with the song if anythinghmm

What about Clementine?

Pandora97 Wed 30-Dec-15 08:53:56

Sylvie is one of those names that seems popular on here but I'm not so sure about real life. It's no. 400 and something so unlikely to come across others. I know one who's about 10. I love it and don't care how faddy it is. It might just seem faddy because it fits with the old lady name trend. I think Margot's more faddy actually if that worries you, I'm seeing that being used more and more.

Suggestions:

Felicity
Francesca
Eloise
Xanthe
Cecily instead of Cecilia?

TattieHowkerz Wed 30-Dec-15 09:01:52

What is your unusable name?

I do think Sylvie is a bit faddy, and agree Margot is even more so.

Sophronia Wed 30-Dec-15 12:57:31

Celia instead of Cecilia?

Belazu84 Wed 30-Dec-15 13:36:27

Cicely?
Cordelia
Melody
Edith / Edie

GoldPlatedBacon Wed 30-Dec-15 15:02:19

Pandora - you listed all my girl list, we went with Xanthe(!)

Op - I know a baby Sylvia. I can't say I'm a fan of Sylvie or Sylvia I'm afraid but Cecelia is beautiful. What about Aurelia?

MyNameIsSuz Wed 30-Dec-15 15:43:31

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions.

We did like Aurelia, Gold, but weren't sure how it would get pronounced - aw-REE-lia or aw-RAY-lia.

I'm not a huge fan of all the other forms of Cecilia, not sure why not.

I think Margot is climbing the charts quite quickly which does put me off, I don't want to give my child a very 2016 name if that makes sense. That's partly what I worry about with Sylvie, though I haven't met another one yet.

Argh!

fluffypigs Wed 30-Dec-15 17:38:50

Personally I like Claudia and Flora for a girl... I think Margot is lovely too!

Suzietwo Wed 30-Dec-15 19:44:24

I only know one Sylvie who is 4.

I'm considering Gloria...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now