Talk

Advanced search

Opinions on girls name/surname please

(21 Posts)
Bluebell555 Sat 26-Dec-15 22:07:42

Hi there,

We love the name Erin but not sure if it goes with our surname Bevan.

What does everyone think of the name, Erin Bevan?

Thanks in advance 😀

Lizziedripping1 Sat 26-Dec-15 22:31:56

I wouldn't, it doesn't trip off the tongue very easily, and sounds are very similar. Erica? Eva? Elodie?

xmasseason Sat 26-Dec-15 22:58:56

I think it's a bit of a tonguetwister TBH.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sun 27-Dec-15 01:55:33

Too rhymee imo, but. . It might work with being hypenated. If you're into hyphenating names and if you like Erin that much.
Some suggestion
Erin-Grace Bevan
Erin-Leigh Bevan
Erin-Marie Bevan
Erin-Sophia Bevan
Erin-Olivia Bevan
Erin-Mae Bevan
Erin Rae Bevan
Erin-Jo Bevan
Erin-Louise Bevin
Erin-Jade Bevin
Erin-Jane Bevin
Erin-Nicole Bevin

iscreamicecream Sun 27-Dec-15 08:30:57

Sounds fine to me, go for it x

diddl Sun 27-Dec-15 08:38:35

I don't think that it goes brilliantly, but so what?

How many times would she be called "Erin Bevan"?

I wouldn't hyphenate with a middle name.

If you like Erin, then use it!

cecilelliott Sun 27-Dec-15 14:48:10

I really don't like Erin paired with Bevan I'm afraid, though both names great on their own. It's the "in-an" sound that jars with me.

I would stick to names that end in -a or -y or -o, or maybe even three syllable names?

Elodie Bevan
Emma Bevan
Elsie Bevan
Margot Bevan

Jessica Bevan
Serena Bevan
Amelia Bevan
Melissa Bevan
Caroline Bevan
Susanna Bevan

Think the three syllable ones sound the best actually!

Good luck!

TaliZorah Sun 27-Dec-15 14:50:16

Like someone else said she's not going to be called "Erin Bevan" very often is she. Go for it

Wordsaremything Sun 27-Dec-15 18:38:34

She won't be called that often, no, but she'll have to say it a hell of a lot herself for the rest of her life, when introducing herself, when answering the phone at work, in meetings etc.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sun 27-Dec-15 18:43:27

Yes granted people are only known by their first name, but I always think of the school register where both names are said.
Names like Mary O'Leary. Fay Mcray or Erin Bevan. Could raise a few eye brows.

TaliZorah Sun 27-Dec-15 18:47:22

Erin Bevan doesn't rhyme, neither does Mary O'Leary confused I don't really see the problem with it

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sun 27-Dec-15 18:50:12

I didn't say they rhyme but they sound very Similar

Allalonenow Sun 27-Dec-15 18:50:18

I think it's the N endings and the similar length of both names that makes them not a good combination.
Even adding a middle name won't help much, as middle names are not generally in daily use, so she will still be Erin Bevan most of the time.

Bluebell555 Sun 27-Dec-15 21:55:22

Thanks all, appreciate all the feedback. It's so difficult finding a name both hubby and I agree on!! Still have a few months to think about it 😀

DramaAlpaca Sun 27-Dec-15 22:57:15

I can't see any problem with it at all.

Oysterbabe Mon 28-Dec-15 11:56:14

I think it's too much of a mouthful. I had this with my own name and hated it. I was glad to get married and ditch part of it.

Bluebell555 Sat 02-Jan-16 16:15:03

Argghhh, still struggling with this and can't find a name which we like as much as Erin! It goes so well with our other daughter's name and also it's Irish connection means a lot too.

Any other name suggestions please?

Thanks

IoraRua Sat 02-Jan-16 16:27:50

Tbh if you are liking the idea of an Irish connected name Erin is really not where I'd go - too Irish American.
Aoife (eefa)
Niamh (neev)
Fiadh (fee-ah)
Orla
Ciara
Maeve
would be nice choices if you have an Irish link - or just want something Irishy.
I do think Erin Bevan doesn't really trip off the tongue. Do you like any other names? Ivy, Victoria, Natalie, Juliet, Liana, Cora, Naomi, Lillian...am not sure of your taste but there's a few.

lostinmiddlemarch Sat 02-Jan-16 17:34:21

Eimear
Miraid
Onya

Sunshine511 Sat 02-Jan-16 18:24:46

I also don't think it works with your surname! (In my opinion). A previous poster suggested Orla. I think Orla Bevin sounds gorgeous!x

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sat 02-Jan-16 18:30:06

I don't think it goes, but it's not an absolute clanger. Use it if nothing else comes up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now