Talk

Advanced search

Middle names, one or two?

(8 Posts)
ClareLily101 Sun 20-Dec-15 23:46:02

My nan and my OHs god mother have passed away and we would like to honour both when naming our baby next year, do you think two middles names are ok (names below)?

I was given a double barrelled first name and double barrelled surname at birth with a massive middle name and hated it, but the names we may go with are all short:

Lily Marie Janet F
Lily Janet Marie F

Short surname (6 letters, 2 syllables)

Would really appreciate your honest opinions/thoughts?

Drunkendonut Sun 20-Dec-15 23:50:14

Lily Janet Marie is lovely.
One of my dc has 2 middle names and it's fine. People rarely use them anyway and he gets post addressed to Mr John AB Smith or J.A.B. Smith.
Good luck!

hownottofuckup Sun 20-Dec-15 23:51:35

My youngest has ended up with 2 middle names, for a reason.

I honestly don't think it matters which order, it sounds fine either way. Do heads or tails, you'll know the answer then simply by whether you're happy with the first answer or not envy

hownottofuckup Sun 20-Dec-15 23:52:03

Oops I meant wink

YellowOfficeBlock Sun 20-Dec-15 23:59:17

I have 3 kids, the 2 girls have one middle name and my son has 2. I have a middle name, my husband doesn't so we gave my son 2 to make up for it blush

Sophronia Mon 21-Dec-15 00:15:10

Agree that Lily Janet Marie is lovely

DramaAlpaca Mon 21-Dec-15 00:18:29

Lily Janet Marie works very well.

tuilamum Mon 21-Dec-15 12:29:17

I have 2 middle names, DP has 2 middle names and now DD has 2 middle names grin I think its fine to have two and more common than you realise (not in a bad way)
I think Lily Janet Marie personally flows better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now