Talk

Advanced search

Helena or Lana

(11 Posts)
spring1bee Sat 19-Dec-15 13:58:03

Finally got our list down to the last 2 but I really really love both. DH and I are sure we want at least 2 more, but we don't think we could use the other for another DD as Lena/Lana just seem to similar?

I think it may be a case of deciding a few days after having her which fits best because at the moment we are both completely torn!

Also what do you think about the backwards spelling of Lana causing problems? A friend pointed it out then someone DH knows said a little girl in her son's class was mocked for this once she got to senior school. I had never even considered it myself but am now a bit anxious.

CherryPits Sat 19-Dec-15 14:15:48

I think backwards spelling is the least of your worries.

And I would decide after seeing the baby. We chose our son's name before he arrived and all I could think for weeks after he was born was that he looked more like a "William" than a xxx which was really strange. We kept his given name and got used to it though.

Sophronia Sat 19-Dec-15 16:24:40

You could have Alana or Milana to avoid the backwards spelling thing?

HerRoyalNotness Sat 19-Dec-15 16:26:07

I prefer Helena.

NadiaWadia Sat 19-Dec-15 17:26:14

I think Lana sounds really chic if you are brave enough to go for it. It's unfortunate that some people will always bring up the 'anal' thing, though.

I do love Helena, though.

HeteronormativeHaybales Sat 19-Dec-15 18:19:44

Helena much, much nicer. It's what we would have called ds2 had he been dd.
Alanna is pretty - how about that?

SwedishEdith Sat 19-Dec-15 18:39:26

Helena - Lana just seems more of fashiony and nick-namey.

I wouldn't be arsed (!) about the backwards spelling - kids will find something if they want to.

You could use Lena then (I think I prefer the Lina spelling though)

villainousbroodmare Sat 19-Dec-15 18:40:35

Helena much much nicer imo.

ElinorRochdale Sat 19-Dec-15 18:47:08

I like Helena. Lana always sounds a bit Hollywood to me, whereas Helena is classic.

spring1bee Sat 19-Dec-15 20:53:25

thanks everyone. I like the idea of using Alana with Lana as a nn. Think we will wait until she is here and see what fits!

Paddingtonthebear Sun 20-Dec-15 14:40:41

Love Lana, wish I'd gone with it myself

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now