Talk

Advanced search

Ella or Ellie?

(10 Posts)
Jw35 Sat 19-Dec-15 11:25:14

I'm pregnant with my 3rd, not sure of sex yet. Am thinking of Eleanor for a girl after my sister. Trouble is my eldest is called Lily so worried that Ellie will be confusing and is also what my sister goes by (although we live 500 miles apart) Is Ella a good nickname for Eleanor? What do you prefer?

CherryPits Sat 19-Dec-15 14:33:31

Ella is a great nickname for Eleanor, which is a lovely, lovely name. I don't like Ellie so much. Not too like Lily at all.

twinjocks Sat 19-Dec-15 14:37:49

How about shortening Eleanor to Nora? Goes nicely with Lily. I think both Ellie and Ella combined with Lily are just too many Ls - bit tongue-twisterish!!

mumsnit Sat 19-Dec-15 14:38:50

I like Nell short for Eleanor. Eleanor is lovely in its own right but chances are it will get shortened to Ella/Ellie. I work in a school and have name fatigue with all the Ella's and Ellie's - nice but so popular!

Sophronia Sat 19-Dec-15 16:25:20

Ooh Nell short for Eleanor is lovely.

Jw35 Sat 19-Dec-15 18:35:04

Thanks, not keen on Nell or Nora

villainousbroodmare Sat 19-Dec-15 18:39:19

I love Eleanor... What if you just stuck with the full name and didn't use a nn? At least at home, since that's where the Lily similarity matters iykwim...

MytwinisMilaKunis Sat 19-Dec-15 18:44:04

Eleanor is lovely. I like Ella but it is very popular where I live. What about Elena? There is a gorgeous half Spanish girl in my daughters class and it is pronounced Elaine-a.

Artandco Sat 19-Dec-15 18:45:12

I would use Nell or Nora as a nickname also

But just use Eleanor as full name if you like it without nickname.

Or

Ellen
Elin
Elena

pilates Sat 19-Dec-15 19:00:26

Eleanor is a beautiful name and I wouldn't shorten it.

Dislike Ellie or Ella.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now