Talk

Advanced search

Baby boy name advice - Surname 'Long'

(7 Posts)
Long2016 Fri 18-Dec-15 18:30:21

We are struggling to decide on a name for our baby boy and would really appreciate some honest comments.

Our surname is 'Long' and we are finding it quite tricky to find a good name to go with it.

Our favourite name for a little boy is Jacob Henry but we are concerned about what the name sounds like - Jacob Long. What do you think?

Other names which we like are George and Toby, but Jacob is the favourite if we can be confident with the sound of the name with our surname.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you 😊

grumpysquash2 Fri 18-Dec-15 18:43:13

I think Jacob Long sounds quite distinguished! Your other choices also sound fine.

I know a Jack Long and a Harrison Long in RL

EmpressOfTheVulvaCupcakes Fri 18-Dec-15 18:45:19

I agree, Jacob Long is just fine no so are Jake / Jack Long if he gets shortened to one of those.

celtictoast Fri 18-Dec-15 19:05:56

It does sound a bit like Jake Oblong.

Toby Long sounds good.

Artandco Fri 18-Dec-15 19:07:46

Tobias Long sounds better imo as doesnt merge

Sophronia Fri 18-Dec-15 19:31:55

Agree that it sounds a bit like Jake Oblong, but it's not terrible. I prefer it to George and Toby.

Long2016 Fri 18-Dec-15 20:09:55

Thank you for your comments.

Our concern was also about the 'Jake Oblong' and were wondering if others may pick up on it. We will have to ponder some more about whether it sounds ok or not - big decision!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now