Talk

Advanced search

twin rant

(8 Posts)
tellmeofthetime Thu 17-Dec-15 22:46:24

Absolutely nothing to do with me but I thought here was a place to express my teeth itchiness.
In my pedantic head twins named a full name and a shortened name is all wrong ! As an example, Abbie and Rebecca, or Abigail and Becky. To me it 'should' be Abigail and Rebecca or Abbie and Becky.
There, I feel better now.smile

possum18 Thu 17-Dec-15 22:51:51

I would agree if you mean on birth certificates, I guess after that for some people nicknames get adopted/stick and for some people they don't!

CherryPits Fri 18-Dec-15 02:09:53

Nah, it does't sound wrong, or look wrong, you're being pedantic, I think.

The names I have trouble with when it comes to twins, are the names which are too alike, say

D'Shaun and D'Shauna

Bryan and Bryony

you know, basically the same name for a boy and girl or varied oh so slightly.

Lacks imagination. And isn't a great start for establishing individuality, either.

Stephanie01 Fri 18-Dec-15 02:27:10

Completely agree!!

Minisoksmakehardwork Fri 18-Dec-15 07:37:08

It's hard enough for some people coming up with a first, and maybe 2nd name, for one. Let alone 2. So yabu. Children are named with the names we love. I've 3 dc with the same first initial. Badly thought out possibly. But we chose their names because we love them rather than because they went with our other dc's names.

I also have twins, they are two with the same first initial. How do you feel about that?

CherryPits Fri 18-Dec-15 20:42:48

Mini - same initial is FINE. Totally different set up. And if you like your kids names, and they like them, nothing else matters really.

possum18 Fri 18-Dec-15 21:03:16

I'm trying to think of names for our twin boys coming early spring and it is really hard finding two we both like, let alone two that go together!

Allthatnonsense Fri 18-Dec-15 21:10:32

Twins are two individuals. One may like/suit a shortened name and one may like their given name.

I really don't care for the idea that names are an extension of the family brand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now