Talk

Advanced search

Honey, Autumn, Winter, Hunter

(28 Posts)
FarterChristmoose Thu 17-Dec-15 10:11:54

Hey I appreciate these names aren't to everyones taste but some feedback without rudeness would be appreciated. We are having twins of unknown sexes. Our other children are Darcy, Lachlan, Kirby, India, Ebony and Sutton.

I really like Honey and Autumn for girls and Winter and Hunter for boys.

Boy girl twins either Honey and Winter or Autumn and Hunter.

Holstein Thu 17-Dec-15 10:13:55

When are these babies due? I wouldn't name a child born in summer Autumn nor Winter.

PurpleDaisies Thu 17-Dec-15 10:15:29

I've only done across Winter as a girl's name, and I don't like Honey at all sorry. Autumn and Hunter are not to my taste but if you and your partner love your names just go for it.

AuntieStella Thu 17-Dec-15 10:17:01

I don't think Honey works as a name at all.

Autumn is OK (not to my taste).

Of the two boys names, Winter is fine, but I don't think Hunter is a good choice for UK (controversial subject, and thr wellies).

wigglesrock Thu 17-Dec-15 10:50:26

I know a little Autumn - it's lovely, really grows on you. I could be persuaded that Winter isn't too bad as a girls name but not as a boys - the whole maybe getting Winnie as a nickname would put me off as well. Hunter and Honey I just don't like.

BendydickCuminsnatch Thu 17-Dec-15 10:52:49

I would definitely choose Autumn and Hunter for g/b option!

I like Honey and Autumn, they go with your other kids' names too.

I hear Winter as a name and I imagine a girl... Same as River, I imagine a girl but I know of 2 boy Rivers, so what do I know!

MitzyLeFrouf Thu 17-Dec-15 10:54:58

Definitely Autumn and Hunter. Didn't one of the royals marry an Autumn? It's practically an Establishment name now wink

Honey is too sickly and sweet and Winter on a boy would seem a bit strange.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Thu 17-Dec-15 11:06:58

I know two girls called honey.

I like honey, but would wonder about a mean teacher yelling HONEY at my kid.

I have also only ever known girl winters.

Doesn't mean you can't have a boy winter, but I would guess quite a few people would assume winter was a girl?

Not sure about autumn.

Honey and hunter would be my choices from your list, but honey is soft/sweet while hunter is hard/aggressive..?

rubyflipper Thu 17-Dec-15 11:09:46

I like Honey.

villainousbroodmare Thu 17-Dec-15 11:16:57

I like all of your children's names, and all of your suggested names except for Honey. I love it as a term of endearment but it's too sweetie cutesie for a name imo.
My favourites would be Autumn and Hunter.

hawkmcqueen Thu 17-Dec-15 11:18:47

I love Autumn and Winter best but do realise you can't gave them together! I also really like Hunter. So would pick either:
Autumn and Hunter
Winter and Hunter
Other name and Winter

I just don't like Honey!

Kennington Thu 17-Dec-15 11:19:34

I like all except honey, because it is a foodstuff and may cause confusion because it is a term of endearment.

brookeberry Thu 17-Dec-15 12:07:46

I LOVE Autumn, Winter and Hunter but I do feel that Honey may be too sweetie for certain personalities/careers.

GoApeShit Thu 17-Dec-15 12:09:51

I know a little Honey. She's lovely. Really suits her name. I didn't like the name until I met her and it's really grown on me since then.

BertrandRussell Thu 17-Dec-15 12:12:13

Remember they will be 40 one day!

Spilose Thu 17-Dec-15 12:20:27

I love autumn and winter (they're on my list!)

KanyeWesticle Thu 17-Dec-15 12:21:23

Where will they grow up? If in the UK, Winter I think would be seen as a girls name. Do you like Archer?

FarterChristmoose Thu 17-Dec-15 12:57:54

Thank you for the feedback. I have only seen Winter on a boy before. It doesn't sound very feminine!

3sugarsplease Thu 17-Dec-15 13:07:45

My DC is called Hunter grin

ashesandfire Thu 17-Dec-15 13:11:13

I like Autumn a lot.
Hunter is nms, a bit too American for me but it's ok I suppose. I would assume Winter was a girl, I've only ever heard of it as a girls name. I don't like Honey.

LeaLeander Thu 17-Dec-15 13:11:20

Winter is a girl's name.
Honey is a nickname or stripper name. Give your daughter a name that will carry some gravitas when she is a working adult.

Autumn and Hunter are OK.

GoldPlatedBacon Thu 17-Dec-15 13:35:19

Hunter and Autumn are fine.

I'm not mad on Honey, especially with Autumn. I echo others, I would assume Winter is a girl.

isthatpoisontoo Thu 17-Dec-15 13:49:41

I'd assume Winter was a girl, but I can see it working for a boy, so don't let that stop you.

Really dislike Honey. It's hard enough, going through life with men calling you 'love' and 'honey', without it being your name!

Sophronia Thu 17-Dec-15 13:52:36

Autumn and Hunter

Pinklily1 Thu 17-Dec-15 21:17:47

Winter is a girl's name I think. Not keen on Hunter because of the welly association, but I like Honey and Autumn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now