Talk

Advanced search

I think I'm going to have to settle yet again

(13 Posts)
thorshammer Tue 15-Dec-15 18:50:30

I settled on Dc2s name and now I am 33 weeks with Dc3 I really am trying so hard to find a name I love like I did with Dc1 but it's just not happening sad

Names that have been in the mix so far are:

Penelope
Aria
Polly
Poppy
Violet

The only one I could definitely see myself using is Aria, but unfortunately we really can't use it (long story) .

MummaGiles Tue 15-Dec-15 18:51:58

Keep looking! You've got over a month to go yet! If you like Aria what about Alba? I love that name and would have used it if we'd had a girl.

Owllady Tue 15-Dec-15 18:52:04

Peggy?

UntilTheCowsComeHome Tue 15-Dec-15 18:53:15

Keep looking, there's plenty of time left to choose.

Don't just look in baby name books, I think you can get 'name blindness' doing that. I've seen lots of great names looking at the credits of films and TV programmes.

Or look back at yours and your DH's family tree, there could be a great name just waiting to be discovered.

celtictoast Tue 15-Dec-15 18:57:07

Anna
Ruby
Philippa/Pippa
Victoria
Amber
Alannah

hawkmcqueen Tue 15-Dec-15 21:33:39

There is a girl in my DS's class called Arrah, could that be an option? There's also Zaria which I liked last pregnancy. I also like Aurora.

evelynj Tue 15-Dec-15 21:49:38

Farrah? Don't give up.msome of those were on my shortlist for dd who is Florence. Also liked Dahlia, Marigold, Camilla, Georgia, Jasmine, Harriet & a few others

thorshammer Tue 15-Dec-15 22:21:45

I don't really know where else to look. I don't really look in baby name books mostly just Google and thinking of TV books etc.

I feel like if I was going to find the name I would have found it by now.sad

Donthate Tue 15-Dec-15 22:26:15

Sylvie

MoonlightandMusic Tue 15-Dec-15 22:29:19

Arrietty? (The Borrowers)

Are there any particular sounds you like, or meanings?

Also, congratulations!

LettuceLaughton Tue 15-Dec-15 22:34:04

Have you tried Nymbler? Worth a crack. here

evenoldergregg Tue 15-Dec-15 22:35:20

My daughter has one of the names on your list.
I also loved Dorothy, Nancy, Margot, Muriel, Beatrix, Sylvia, Josephine, Morag, Ines.

thorshammer Wed 16-Dec-15 11:31:39

Thanks lettuce I've downloaded that app. Maybe I'll get some ideas smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now