Talk

Advanced search

Love two options if it's a boy but...

(11 Posts)
Babytalkobsession Sat 05-Dec-15 08:08:30

Hi, I have two combinations if DC2 is a boy but there's an issue with both. Please let me know if you think it matters?

First option is Patrick Oliver F.... However, Ds1 is Frank and worried about the Frank and Pat Butcher link! grin I'm I reading too much or will this be a thing?

Second name we both love is Jamie. Official name would be James Oliver F.... but he'd be known as Jamie, so is Jamie Oliver F (surname is 3 syllables starting with F)

Oliver is my bro so like that for a middle ideally. Thanks

Babytalkobsession Sat 05-Dec-15 08:11:06

I also worry a little about Frank and Jamie as siblings because of Frank Lampard And Jamie Rednapp (footballer cousins) but surely this is ridiculous to worry about?

GloriaHotcakes Sat 05-Dec-15 08:13:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

temporarilyjerry Sat 05-Dec-15 08:14:41

I do think you are overthinking in both cases.

Would you call Patrick Pat?

I think you would be unlikely to say Jamie Oliver together. If you were in a situation in which you were saying his middle name, I think you would probably say James.

bangbangprettypretty Sat 05-Dec-15 08:17:30

I don't think anyone would make that connection between Frank and Pat Butcher unless you pointed it out, as your DSs wouldn't be a couple. I could only see family doing it in a fond way.

In my experience, lots of people don't even know Jamie Redknapp and Frank Lampard are cousins so I wouldn't worry unless your family are particular football fanatics.

If someone I knew, however, called their son Jamie Oliver I probably would have a chuckle, particularly since he's likely to be famous as your DS grows up. To me it's a bit like in Gavin and Stacey where the baby is called Noel Edmund and everyone laughs.

Could you make it Jamie Patrick Oliver instead?

Babytalkobsession Sat 05-Dec-15 08:26:12

I think if we go with Patrick we'd call him Paddy but I guess Pat might happen naturally.

I'm def over thinking - problem is I still have 6 months to think grin
bangbang that Gavin and Stacy scene is hilarious...not sure we want to recreate it. Although he'd be introduced as James Oliver so hope people wouldn't link to chef? We'd just call him Jamie as a nick name. Oliver is only a middle so wouldn't be used much anyway.

Could use John as a middle which gets around it as its another family name.

MyNewBearTotoro Sat 05-Dec-15 08:30:30

Unless your surname is Butcher I don't think you need to worry about Frank and Pat references - would never ever have occurred to me, although I've never watched Eastenders so only have a vague knowledge of who they are.

Jamie Oliver, hmm personally I wouldn't use as I think everyone would think of the chef, sorry. Although I had no idea there was any link between Jamie and Frank - you're definitely over-thinking that one and I'm sure if you pick almost any two names most will have some sort of vague connection.

To be honest once he gets past the baby stage where you're introducing him to lots of people he probably won't be known as his full name (eg: Jamie Oliver F....) or be being introduced to people with his Dad (eg: Frank and Pat) that often anyway and so long term I don't think either really matter.

Raxacoricofallapatorius Sat 05-Dec-15 08:30:43

Oh I love Patrick (Patch for short). No problem with any of your combinations.

PrimalLass Sat 05-Dec-15 09:27:55

Patrick James?

Dinosaursdontgrowontrees Sat 05-Dec-15 17:29:32

The pat and frank and the Jamie and frank thing you are way over thinking! (Unless your surname happened to be Butcher)
The Jamie Oliver thing could be an issue but then again how often would you use his full name? I can't think of many people who know my dd's middle name.
Do you like James? Call him James Oliver officially then use Jamie as a nickname?

JocelynWildensteinOnABroom Sat 05-Dec-15 19:27:43

I know someone called James Oliver (first name & surname) & has never crossed my mind that some people may think of Jamie Oliver when they hear his name!!

I prefer James to Patrick I think. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now