Talk

Advanced search

What are the names that are currently popular.

(14 Posts)
Notrobusta Wed 02-Dec-15 16:26:05

I know that technically Oliver and Amelia are still topping charts but I haven't actually come across any babies with these names recently. On the other hand I know lots of teddys , Noah's, Freddie's . just wondering what next years trends are likely to be. Any predictions based on the babies you know.

ThursdayLastWeek Wed 02-Dec-15 17:11:44

Teddy, Bertie,
So many Freddie's (but they are toddlers now)

I haven't noticed much of a pattern in girls names though.

Pigzoom Wed 02-Dec-15 17:12:47

I know a few Meryns, pheobies, Teds, Edie's

bittapitta Wed 02-Dec-15 17:13:39

Bertie isn't that high up the top 100 is it Thursday what is it short for?

HackerFucker22 Wed 02-Dec-15 17:16:21

George, Noah, Freddie, Harry, Charlie

Loads of them where I am.

Also know lots of little Evie's and variations (Eva / Ava)

Paddingtonthebear Wed 02-Dec-15 17:17:12

There's a similar thread about this

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/baby_names/2518340-Names-that-are-enormously-popular-in-your-childs-year-or-with-peers

bittapitta Wed 02-Dec-15 17:18:32

Amelia, Ava, Evie all still popular here.

Paddingtonthebear Wed 02-Dec-15 17:21:03

Lily, Ella, Olivia and Sophia/Sophie are mega popular around here from baby age to age 20! Also Poppy, Ava, Freya, Isla, Daisy. Very very popular names. For boys I see/hear lots of Teddy, Freddie, Max, Ethan, Leo, Rory, Alfie, Harry, George

I chose way outside the top 500 and yet to meet another child with the same name as mine, but that can change. Look how popular Elsa, Freya, Ella have become in the last ten years

chantico Wed 02-Dec-15 17:22:15

There seem to be lots of Amelias and Eve/Ava/variants, plus a lot of Sophie's, and I think that's reasonably in line with the stats.

But I know only one Oliver, and only a couple of Jacks, which doesn't fit with the stats. Lots of Sams and Josephs, though.

Sophronia Wed 02-Dec-15 18:21:23

Toby, Theo and Reuben for boys

Evie and Lily for girls, and I know quite a few Scarletts too

SweetAdeline Wed 02-Dec-15 18:24:25

Oscar and Emily are the only duplicates at dd's preschool.

GothJoose Wed 02-Dec-15 18:31:31

Oliver, Archie, Teddy, Jacob, Alfie and Alexander are the boys that I keep coming across in baby groups and on Facebook this year, there are 5 Oliver!! . No girls names are being repeated.

FlyDragonfly1 Thu 03-Dec-15 11:05:08

I know 3 baby girls born in the past year named Ava. Also come across duplicates of Amelia, Evie, Olivia.
Boys, I know a lot of little boys called Harry, Alexander, Sam/Samuel, Oscar and Oliver. So many Olivers.

Winterqueen Thu 03-Dec-15 13:03:10

I know lots of oscars also Ted/Teddy/Edward, Thomas
Girls I know 3 Martha's in just our tiny village Ava, Florence, Annabel, Edie/Edith. But to be honest it's just chance if your child ends up in the same class as another with the same name. I actually know 2 baby Mauds both sets of parents are proud they found such a rare name (I haven't had the heart to mention I know of another in our town) 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now