Talk

Advanced search

Twin boys

(19 Posts)
Louise0701 Wed 02-Dec-15 11:26:17

Opinions on Billy & Teddy for our identical twin boys?

Hubbys grandfather was William and mine was Edward. But I keep thinking of the film Bill & Ted haha.

LilyKing0909 Wed 02-Dec-15 12:33:10

I'm not a fan of Billy, but I do love Teddy, but more so as a short form for Edward smile

RubberDicky Wed 02-Dec-15 12:34:12

Brilliant names smile

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Wed 02-Dec-15 12:43:20

I would call them William and Edward, so they can detach from the films.

Sophronia Wed 02-Dec-15 12:54:40

I like them as nicknames for William and Edward, especially Billy.

Biscuitsneeded Wed 02-Dec-15 12:58:03

They're lovely names. Nobody under 20 has even heard of that film! I have a Bill, and was seriously tempted by Ted for DS2 but it was vetoed by DP because of the film. I sort of regret that.

Louise0701 Wed 02-Dec-15 13:39:44

Thanks everyone. Teddy is my fave too! Not that I'll have a favourite son, of course!
We're still undecided on as to whether they'll be William and Edward on their birth certs or just Billy & Teddy so will keep you posted on that one!
We both also liked George but couldnt decide which name to drop for it so I think its either Billy & Teddy or George & something else.

We also have a DD Eva.

Natalia25 Wed 02-Dec-15 13:59:13

I think William and Edward on the birth certificate too! I like George too, but I do prefer Teddy WAY more smile

Louise0701 Wed 02-Dec-15 14:23:12

Thanks Natalia, the only other name I like for a boy is Henry and IMO Henry and George sound far too regal, our surname is too common for that haha!

Think it will be William and Edward aka Billy & Teddy aka double trouble probably haha

celtictoast Wed 02-Dec-15 15:25:50

I thought "Bill and Ted" too! But the more the years pass, fewer people will make that connection.

celtictoast Wed 02-Dec-15 15:26:12

Love Henry and George BTW. I don't think they're too posh, just nice classic names.

Natalia25 Wed 02-Dec-15 15:27:55

I like Henry and Teddy smile

thunderbird69 Wed 02-Dec-15 15:28:49

William and Edward are good solid names - although also quite regal!

Definitely wouldn't put the nicknames on the birth certificates.

Louise0701 Wed 02-Dec-15 15:37:30

Yeah, William and Edward are regal too but we wouldnt ever call them that.

Thats my hesitation with using them on the birth cert- we will never, ever call them William and Edward! They will always be Billy & Teddy.

Hmmmm sad

I like Henry and Teddy too but OH liked Billy & George with Edward as middle name for George.

Choices, choices!!

RubberDicky Wed 02-Dec-15 15:49:28

Oh blimey, definitely William and Edward on the birth certificates! Doesn't matte what you will call them - what about that interviewer for their dream job in 30 years? Edward sounds much more professional and capable than Teddy!

Sophronia Wed 02-Dec-15 17:06:56

Agree that it should be William and Edward on the birth certificates even if you never call them that. It sound far more professional, and while the shortened forms are cute for little boys, an adult man might not want to be called 'Teddy'. It's better to give them the option IMO.

Louise0701 Wed 02-Dec-15 20:16:56

Oh good points ladies, thank you!! Spoke to hubby and we have agreed it will be William & Edward on the birth certificates! Thanks for your opinions xx

ThePug Wed 02-Dec-15 21:46:13

Exxccelllentttttttttt!

Definitely agree with the full formal names on birth certificate; Billy works at all ages but a 40 year old man called Teddy (other than by his mum/partner)?? Can't quite picture it!

Louise0701 Wed 02-Dec-15 22:08:09

Yes, this is the age at which we figure the Bill and Ted stage will begin hahaha xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now