Talk

Advanced search

Full name for Rafi?

(9 Posts)
MollyBloomYes Tue 01-Dec-15 22:29:03

Really like the nickname Rafi if dc2 turns out to be a boy in a 4 weeks. But not sure what the full name could be. Originally was going for Reuven but not sure. Child would have Jewish heritage on its dads side but not be brought up Jewish or in particularly Jewish area if that makes sense? Their dad has just left me (whooooole other thread) so feeling a bit wobbly about having a name so strongly tied to him! Though I do still quite like it.
I think confused trying not to be vindictive and disregard name purely out of spite but difficult to judge just how I feel at the moment!

I've always loved Rafferty but not sure on it anymore when someone pointed out it sort of sounds like a springer spaniel!

Considering Finbar for middle name as its a name with strong connections to my dad's area of Ireland.

Help!

marriednotdead Tue 01-Dec-15 22:41:07

Raphael/Rafael would be my first thought smile

MollyBloomYes Tue 01-Dec-15 22:49:48

Yeah mine too, just not overly keen as have looked after a lot of Raphaels. Joys of being a former nanny and teacher!

knittingqueen Tue 01-Dec-15 23:10:57

Rafferty.

Epilepsyhelp Tue 01-Dec-15 23:18:19

Rafi is a full name in itself I think.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Tue 01-Dec-15 23:32:05

Ralph? (Rafe)

ZenNudist Tue 01-Dec-15 23:34:43

Raphael - great name.

Belazu84 Thu 03-Dec-15 13:52:24

Just Raf? Like the designer Raf Simons. I think that's a great name.

squoosh Thu 03-Dec-15 14:02:44

Rafi for Raphael is bee-yoo-tiful and Raphael Finbar sounds fab.

But so sorry you're going through such a shit time! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now