Talk

Advanced search

Roseanna

(6 Posts)
LilyKing0909 Sat 28-Nov-15 17:51:25

Sorry for the amount of threads!!! Roseanna I love, but people think it should be spelt Rosanna and I know that's the original, but why is it? It's pronounced Rose-Anna and when I see Rosanna, I see Roz-Anna :/

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sun 29-Nov-15 00:31:31

Well there's nothing stopping you from spelling it that way.

SoWhite Sun 29-Nov-15 00:35:06

I'd spell Rosianna and pronounce Rosy-anna. Feels more natural this way, but that is only because I am related to one.

squoosh Sun 29-Nov-15 01:27:20

Just spell it Roseanna.

That way you (hopefully, possibly, maybe) avoid people thinking you've named her after Rosanna, the awful Toto song.

CakeRattleandRoll Sun 29-Nov-15 06:52:27

To me, Roseanna looks like two words missing a space or a hyphen, and should either be Rose Anna or Rose-Anna. I also think you might get people pronouncing it Ro-see-anna or Ro-seen-na because they aren't used to seeing it spelt Roseanna. But in the end, it's a personal preference and a lovely name either way.

RugbyWidow7 Tue 01-Dec-15 20:00:31

My name is Rosanne - I've always liked the spelling - my parents spelt it this way so that it felt like one name instead of two pushed together

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now