Talk

Advanced search

2 middle names?

(13 Posts)
Hormonal1 Tue 24-Nov-15 18:17:35

First DC is due very soon and we are trying to finalise name lists (we don't know if we are having a boy or girl) but I was just wondering if people think that 2 middle names is too much? I don't want to disclose the names but to give a bit of info, all the names are 'traditional' names. First name - 2 syllables. First middle name - 4 syllables. Second middle name. - 2 syllables. Surname - 2 syllables and a pretty common british surname. So these aren't the real names but for example it would be something like:

Joanne Elizabeth Marie Hawkins

Is this too long?

Thanks for your help in advance.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Tue 24-Nov-15 18:19:21

I like two middle names so I say go for it.

SmashleyHop Tue 24-Nov-15 18:21:16

My kids all have 2 middle names. So I'm all for it. Only issue I have is putting their names on official documents. Doesn't happen a lot though. The reason we have 2 middle names is it's a tradition of sorts for DH's family.

Raines100 Tue 24-Nov-15 20:32:10

There was another thread about this a while back. The overwhelming consensus was 2 middle names is fine. Loads of us have 2 or have given our DCs 2. I'm guilty on both counts grin

Hormonal1 Wed 25-Nov-15 07:31:30

Thanks all, that's reassured me! smile

Desmoulinsonatable Wed 25-Nov-15 07:44:26

I have four middle names, that may be excessive but two is lovely.

CharmingChampignon Wed 25-Nov-15 07:49:32

Both mine do - DH and I do so it felt like the natural thing to do. Both of ours have a middle name from each family and a first name that we just liked. We needed all the slots to keep all parties happy!!

Yika Fri 27-Nov-15 19:58:32

My DD has two middle names. I just feel sorry for people who don't have any :D

DartmoorDoughnut Fri 27-Nov-15 20:00:10

My DS has two so I say go for it grin

yumscrumfatbum Fri 27-Nov-15 20:12:40

One of my children has two middle names because the name I wanted to use as her middle name sounded odd on its own. It makes her feel special! If we get official letter hospital appts etc they tend to miss the second middle name off!

strawberryandaflake Fri 27-Nov-15 20:21:59

No, mine have 2 middle names. His family are Spanish and both sides have family names. So we have English Spanish Family Surname.

Luciferbox Fri 27-Nov-15 20:23:16

Mine both have 2 middle names. We got to pick one each.

Hormonal1 Fri 27-Nov-15 21:08:27

Excellent, thanks all, that's made my mind up, definitely going with 2 middle names. It will cover both sides of family so everyone should be happy! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now