Talk

Advanced search

Isla and Imogen? Too similar?

(12 Posts)
Juniper4004 Tue 24-Nov-15 10:33:42

My DD is an Isla (like every second girl in the country at the moment!).

I really, really liked Imogen before DD was born, but DP vetoed it as he knew someone at work with the same name.

I'm now due DC2 (gender unknown) and I still like Imogen. DP is now fine with it, but I'm not sure if it's all a bit too 'Kardashian' to name both children names starting with I? On the plus, they are different initial sounds so not too similar.

What do you think?

mouldycheesefan Tue 24-Nov-15 10:35:31

Not a fan, both lovely names and they do go well together but think you are right iN your concerns

strawberryandaflake Tue 24-Nov-15 10:46:22

I like both. It would only be 'kardashian' (teehee!) if you had a third i in there. grin

MitzyLeFrouf Tue 24-Nov-15 12:31:37

I think you're overthinking it.

celtictoast Tue 24-Nov-15 13:38:23

They are fine together.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Tue 24-Nov-15 13:55:32

Isla and immy are fine. Not too similar.
Different middle initials?

Enkopkaffetak Tue 24-Nov-15 14:15:29

Another one who says its fine.

GothJoose Tue 24-Nov-15 14:46:41

I'm not a fan of either name but I think they work together

scrivette Tue 24-Nov-15 14:48:04

I think they they sound fine together, although I would have a different letter for a middle name.

hawaiibaby Tue 24-Nov-15 21:43:15

If Imogen is your favourite I would still use it. Like you, I'm not keen on same first letter names for siblings (just because of them getting post mixed up and stuff when they're older and both 'Miss I XXX') but I wouldn't let it stop me if it was my absolute favourite. Would also give different middle initials as pp have suggested. They are both lovely names smile

Also remember loads of people do this on purpose, as a deliberate way of matching names / sounding nice together so I don't think anyone would find it odd.

Elis1905 Tue 24-Nov-15 21:54:26

I love both Isla and Imogen. (Both on my list for DD).
And I think they sounds great together!

BikeRunSki Tue 24-Nov-15 22:14:22

Imogen and Isla sound fine together. The "I" is a different sound. My brother and I have the same initials (also now DH and I), it's never been the problem people think it is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now