Talk

Advanced search

Changing a baby's name

(5 Posts)
AbbeyRoadCrossing Thu 19-Nov-15 15:04:19

DD is now 3 weeks old and after struggling to find a name we settled on quite an unusual one (not made up unusual - a classic name but quite rare).
I realise this is ridiculous but I felt rushed into it. The health visitor and doctors surgery were saying I had to get her registered and various family going on and on about the name.
Would it be weird to change it? We've announced the name. DH loves it but I keep looking at her and thinking its not her name. Or am I just in a crazy postnatal phase?

FrostyRose Thu 19-Nov-15 15:15:48

Is there a name that you think fits your DD perfectly???

ktmummy1 Thu 19-Nov-15 15:20:23

Try out another name with her in the house for 24 hrs-see if it feels right. I think it could be hormones as I felt like that a bit after naming my dd, love her name now though

AbbeyRoadCrossing Thu 19-Nov-15 15:38:08

Yes, there's the name as were going to call her all along. I do wonder if it's hormones and I'm used to calling the former bump the name we didn't use in my head for so long?
But then I think if I'm going to change it better to do it sooner than later.

elotrolado Fri 20-Nov-15 20:03:46

We changed our babies name at 3 weeks. It caused a great deal of anxiety for me. I was so worried about what people would think at the time.

I can't imagine him being anything but his name now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now