Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Girls names views on these please

(17 Posts)
Elabella Fri 13-Nov-15 21:24:29

Hi would love to know what people think of these for our first. We are finding it hard, thanks

Xanthe
Sukie
Zana
Susanna
Elsie
Romy
Eliza

Sophronia Fri 13-Nov-15 21:38:44

I love Susanna. Sukie or Susie would be a great nickname for it.

I also like Eliza, Elsie and Xanthe.

ashesandfire Fri 13-Nov-15 22:27:08

Love Xanthe, Susannah and Eliza. Also Romy but prefer it as a nn for Romilly.
Zanna and Sukie could both work as nn for Susannah although personally I don't really like Sukie, it sounds drippy to me. Sukie is nicer IMO. Not a fan of Elsie

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Fri 13-Nov-15 23:01:44

Love Susanna and Eliza.
Elsie is just okay. Not the nicest name out there but certainly by far the worse name
Don't like any of the others

SummerMonths Sat 14-Nov-15 08:31:16

Love Eliza and Sukie. Susannah with the nn Sukie is fabulous as it gives your daughter many options as she grows.

The only name I really dislike from your list is Romy which sounds very American and 80s/90s to me.

hawkmcqueen Sat 14-Nov-15 08:45:37

We have similar taste! I LOVE Susanna and prefer this spelling without the h. Then you have your nicknames from this, Sukie, Zanna. I really like Xanthe and Eliza as well. But as a first born name I would pick Susanna as it's the most classic. Like Romilly/Romy and don't like Elsie.

TempsPerdu Sat 14-Nov-15 09:44:35

I love Xanthe and like Eliza and Susanna (possibly with nickname Zanna?). Sukie and Elsie are too flimsy and nicknamey for me, and I'm not a fan of Romy at all.

Suzietwo Sat 14-Nov-15 09:49:11

I love Suki/Sooki but concluded it was a nickname for Susan which i loathe so havent used it

not that keen on the rest altho appreciate the sentiment of using less used letters.

MadameJosephine Sat 14-Nov-15 09:51:53

Eliza is my favourite by a mile

VocationalGoat Sat 14-Nov-15 09:53:52

Xanthe

okpa11 Sat 14-Nov-15 12:13:57

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Elabella Sat 14-Nov-15 12:58:11

Thanks for all your comments. Susanna was my grandmother's name and Eliza her mother's. So are the two that have family connections. My reservation was if anyone Nn her Sue...because I hate that name.

I like Xanthe but don't know if it's a bit too now if that makes sense (though I know it's an old name)

manicinsomniac Sat 14-Nov-15 15:30:30

Xanthe - my youngest is a Xanthe. I love it and have never come across another. It does pop up on here a lot though, it's true.
Sukie - don't like this at all. And it's surely a nn only, couldn't possible be a full name in its own right?
Zana - Really like it. Sounds like possible it should be short for something?
Susanna - Like it. nn Zana?
Elsie - it's ok
Romy - like it
Eliza - not keen

CakeRattleandRoll Sat 14-Nov-15 15:43:39

Love Xanthe.
And really like Elsie, but would use it as nn for Elspeth.

Elabella Sat 14-Nov-15 17:02:05

Does your Xanthe have her name shortened to anything? I think Xanthe and Susanna are my two favourites

manicinsomniac Sat 14-Nov-15 18:43:32

Not at the moment she doesn't but she's only 1. I would probably call her Zan/Zanna sometimes but my oldest is Savannah and always goes by Vannah so I think we'll be sticking with Xanthe at home at least.

sarahquilt Sat 14-Nov-15 20:07:21

Sukie is sweet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now