Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Finding out the gender tomorrow: which names?

(14 Posts)
VictoriaaaJohnsonnn Mon 09-Nov-15 17:18:56

Please don't recommend mixing around the names smile
Oliver Craig
Or
Eliott James (yes, spelt this way!)
Olivia Grace
Or
Emilia Paige

Sophronia Mon 09-Nov-15 17:20:27

Oliver Craig or Olivia Grace

SoupDragon Mon 09-Nov-15 17:38:43

Elliot James

Anything but Paige.

IoraRua Mon 09-Nov-15 18:30:28

Not Eliott anyway, the spelling is just....no.
Olivia zzz, loads of em out there.
So by process of elimination, Oliver and Emilia.

.....I would mix the names round though....
<runs>

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Mon 09-Nov-15 23:38:01

Eliott James.
Olivia Grace

manicinsomniac Mon 09-Nov-15 23:40:21

Eliott James and Olivia Grace. Both lovely.

Seabiscotti Mon 09-Nov-15 23:45:12

Another for Eliott James and Olivia Grace. I also like Oliver James.

M4blues Tue 10-Nov-15 11:11:12

I would have said Elliot but due to your spelling choice it has to be Oliver. It's not really fair to the child to chose your own spelling over the usual spelling as he'll be forever correcting people and lots will just ignore and spell it, Elliot.

Both Olivia and Emilia are fine. Ds1 is 12 and had 2 Amelias and 1 Emelia in his class at juniors. Ds2 is 10 and has an Emelia and an Emilia in his class. Olivia was very popular when ds1&2 were babies/toddlers but I think less so I recent years. I really dislike Paige though and think it jars with your other choices so I'd have to opt for, Olivia Grace. smile

M4blues Tue 10-Nov-15 11:12:50

That was in their year not class. 3 form entry so not quite as popular as my post implies.

Minimaus Tue 10-Nov-15 14:24:52

Oliver and Olivia have been SO overused that they've become a little dull imo. I think they were both Nr 1 for a number of years and may sound dated soon. Also know loads of Amelias, Emilias etc.

I quite like Eliott but there are so many spellings that it might be a pain to constantly have to spell it. Eliott, Elliot, Elliott etc.

Elis1905 Tue 10-Nov-15 15:58:50

Eliott James and Olivia

ImperialBlether Tue 10-Nov-15 16:03:45

Can I ask why you've chosen to spell Eliott in that way? Would you consider Eliot if you don't like Elliott? Notice when you type them here the way you've spelled it comes up as a spelling error; the other two ways don't!

VictoriaaaJohnsonnn Tue 10-Nov-15 21:31:03

ImperialBlether: I have always loved the name and don't mind any of the spellings, but my brother passed away when he was 10, from a brain tumor, and the fact that the name is normally spelt so wrong, I wanted to use Eliott - the way in which his name was spelt smile

I have found out that it's a little boy, but now have to choose between Oliver or Eliott! I will most likely use James as the middle name, but I known that's so popular, so that's why I was debating Craig or Blake, especially for Oliver, as that's SO common!

I'm so torn though!

guineapig1 Tue 10-Nov-15 21:47:57

Completely understand your reasons for wanting to spell Eliott that way now you've said that. If you like James as a middle name, go with it; fwiw I think Eliott James is lovelysmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now