Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

It's a sign isn't it....

(12 Posts)
fairyfeatures Fri 06-Nov-15 09:54:46

Background : LOVED a name before I got pregnant. Fell pregnant, mentioned it to DH - he also liked it but then grew to LOVE it. By which time, I broke the baby naming rule and mentioned it to someone in RL who completely ruined it for me. I still liked the name, but didn't like the association and the suggested nn. It was off the list much to my disappointment and more so DH's disappointment because he still loves it and would be his number one choice.

However, about a fortnight ago, I realised I was over the association - still hate the nn, but would best endeavour to stay away from it & correct people if they used it... So I was about 90% sure I would use the name.

Last night : Went to an event where there was a 'name the bear' competition... the ONLY name left on there was THE name (it's not a particularly common name but not completely obscure either) ... It's destined to be my baby's name isn't it? Say yes so this bloody agonising decision can be decided once and for all!!

RainbowRoses Fri 06-Nov-15 09:57:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fairyfeatures Fri 06-Nov-15 09:58:32

Thanks Rainbow how did you get that was the exact response I was looking for?! wink

RainbowRoses Fri 06-Nov-15 10:14:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FattyNinjaOwl Fri 06-Nov-15 10:15:29

I agree with rainbow

2snugglets Fri 06-Nov-15 10:24:52

Most definitely. Also both my DCs nicknames are nothing to do with their first names.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Fri 06-Nov-15 11:30:40

I would say definitely, but just take into consideration. Although you don't like the nn potentially derived from this nsme. Your dd might do.
That happens a million times a day IRL. People trying to put you off a name for some reason. It drives me mad,

celtictoast Fri 06-Nov-15 11:49:35

I think the "sign" is how you feel having seen the name again smile So it sounds a good choice!

DragonboysMum Fri 06-Nov-15 11:54:03

It's definitely a sign! grin

fairyfeatures Fri 06-Nov-15 12:21:30

I think it's a sign.

I mentioned it to the RL person again and her reaction was 'oh god, don't let that put you off. It's not my association, it was something someone else said'.... Gr! The RL person is very important to me, so it would mean a lot if she liked it.

It's a sign. Seems I am settled on a blue name and a pink name now.... guess it's just labour that I have to panic over now then.... yay!

poocatcherchampion Fri 06-Nov-15 12:23:05

Tell us the name then

fairyfeatures Fri 06-Nov-15 12:23:14

And yes I guess that lighthouse - I am guilty of shortening my own name much to my DM's disapproval... She doesn't like it, but I do, so I guess I should just hope that baby doesn't like the shortening either. I mean, I am sure we will agree on everyyyyything for his/her entire life grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: