Talk

Advanced search

2016 baby name predictions

(8 Posts)
Rivercam Tue 03-Nov-15 22:35:10

metro.co.uk/2015/11/03/predictions-for-popular-baby-names-of-2016-are-going-to-surprise-frustrate-and-confuse-you-5478091/?ito=facebook

Apologies if this has already been posts.

Babycentre's predicted 2016 popular name list. Some interesting choices.

IoraRua Tue 03-Nov-15 22:58:33

Oh bejaysus, no. Even Assumpta or Concepta is better than much of that lot. I can't take that seriously.

Gayatari. That'd produce some interesting playground nicknames...

And fecking Khaleesi. Iirc that means whore of the Khal. A lovely sentiment for a little baby.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Tue 03-Nov-15 23:00:37

At least I named dd before her name gets popular.

scatterthenuns Tue 03-Nov-15 23:03:08

What the fuck is Niles?

reuset Wed 04-Nov-15 03:13:57

What's babycentre confused and where does it get its names from? <snorts>

They've picked most at random from a hat I'd wager. If there's a sudden surge of babies named Gayatari, or Monroe next year I'll eat my hat. What a load of rubbish!

reuset Wed 04-Nov-15 03:20:11

Gayatari isn't even a real name. Great research. If they mean Gayatri, which is a real name, the same applies. No possibility of it becoming favoured next year.

Not being ungrateful for the link, OP. I do like a good grumble grin

DeepBlueLake Wed 04-Nov-15 04:10:29

I take it place names are popular? I actually quite like

The boys names are mostly fine, just very American sounding or 'old man'.

I am still picking my jaw off the ground looking at the girls, surely no one in their right mind would name their daughter Halo?

reuset Wed 04-Nov-15 12:21:45

No, they wouldn't name their daughter Halo. It's never been really even used as a name, nor likely to be, that's why the list is so ridiculous. The Baby Centre, whoever they are, clearly picked them at random and added some Game of Thrones names for good measure. grin Also some 'old' names, probably 'cos they come around again, the old names, don't they, hun' Not Beryl, and in 2016, though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now