Talk

Advanced search

Alice

(16 Posts)
welliesandleaves Mon 02-Nov-15 14:05:20

A close relative has just had a baby girl and called her Alice. I think it's a really pretty, classical name, but a couple of people have said it's 'boring'.
Just wondering how other people perceive it, as it's one of my favourite names.

NetballHoop Mon 02-Nov-15 14:10:17

I like it, but I like "normal" names.

VulcanWoman Mon 02-Nov-15 14:11:11

Lovely, Alice in wonderland is not boring.

RugbyWidow7 Mon 02-Nov-15 14:12:09

Very pretty, yet classic. My grnamother's name and I plan to use it as a middle name if we ever have a girl.

celtictoast Mon 02-Nov-15 16:05:22

I think it's on the dull side, sorry. But that doesn't matter, so if you love it, use it smile

Yika Mon 02-Nov-15 16:07:26

What's wrong with boring? It's pretty, timeless, classic, international, easy to say and write.

Binkybix Mon 02-Nov-15 16:11:59

I love it, but I've had two special Alices in my life so am biased.

Gracey79 Mon 02-Nov-15 16:13:28

Love Alice was on my list but had a boy! Not many where I live either.

Boredofthinkingofnewnames Mon 02-Nov-15 16:22:36

I have one so I'm biasedgrin

IoraRua Mon 02-Nov-15 17:10:11

Pretty but not madly exciting, yeah. I've not taught any though which is quite surprising really!

Seabiscotti Mon 02-Nov-15 17:17:32

I love it. I think it is pretty and timeless.

Cliffdiver Mon 02-Nov-15 17:18:58

Considered this for DD2 as a middle name but DH vetoed it as he said it made him think of the song 'Alice, Alice, who the fuck is Alice?'.

I think it is lovely though.

PallasCat Mon 02-Nov-15 17:23:13

I like it! Wouldn't pick it for DC (my taste is a bit more unconventional) but it's a lovely name. As others have said, it's classic, pretty and international. Also literary. I know quite a few adult Alices, but have been teaching for several years and have never taught one, or known of one in a school where I've taught, as far as I can remember. (Wouldn't be surprised if it's now statistically more unusual than the quirkier names I'd go for!) Much prefer it to Alicia, of which I have taught several.

ashesandfire Mon 02-Nov-15 21:46:00

I love it and I don't think it' s boring. I would consider it for a future dd although a friend has just had a baby Alice.

CharmingChampignon Mon 02-Nov-15 23:51:38

I love Alice and would have it on my list but it's been used by close family

Twistedheartache Tue 03-Nov-15 00:09:35

I like it, but it does seem v popular at the moment.
Came off of our shortlist due to the constant temptation of Alice, Alice who the fuck is Alice but that was probably just us!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now