Talk

Advanced search

name for third child

(16 Posts)
GoboTheGoat Mon 26-Oct-15 11:46:21

I have NC'd for this...

We have started ttc number 3. (I have been very lucky to get pregnant quickly before so hope to have a bfp very soon.)

We already have Charlotte and Sophia. Both quite popular names, and quite classic. Now I feel a bit hemmed in for our third. Do we have to stay on the classic, kind of royal names, or is that in my head? Do we have to avoid names ending in 'a' because we have a Sophia?

I love Alexandra, but it has been used in the family. We also like Daniel for a boy, but not sure if we love it.

As for other idea's, we are drawing a total blank. We have ages to go yet obviously, but we have taken a long time to decide whether to have a third, and now that the decision has been made I am getting really excited about it. grin

So, any suggestions for girls and boys names that would go with the two we already have? Our surname begins with Mc, but I think most names go with it.

ppandj Mon 26-Oct-15 11:58:46

*Girls*
Rose
Grace
Annabel
Louisa
Alice
Alexa

*Boys*
Nicholas
James
Bobby
Joseph
Leo

Those would be my suggestions as I think they are classic but not too "royal"? Fingers crossed for your BFP soon.

GoboTheGoat Mon 26-Oct-15 12:17:06

Thanks. smile

I love Annabel but there's an Anna in the family...

I once had a very vivid dream that I had a child named Alice, but I have never been able to get past the Who the Fuck is Alice song.

I like Nicholas but wouldn't like it to be shortened to Nick or Nicky.

Your other suggestions are great but nothing jumps out at me. Especially boys names. I think if we have a boy he will be baby no name for the full 6 weeks we have to register him.

myotherusernameisbetter Mon 26-Oct-15 12:52:25

Alexander for a boy?

Isobel would be nice for another girl or maybe Eleanor?

FumL Mon 26-Oct-15 13:02:03

personally, i wish i had moved to england before i had dd and my ds, because now they have chinese names, but faith is my favourite for a girl and gary is my favourite for a boy.

GoboTheGoat Mon 26-Oct-15 13:09:27

I had considered Isabella, but DH not keen.

Can't use any version of Alex at all.

I do like Eleanor, but still see it as a lady name and not sure how it would fit a child. I love Elsa (and so does DH) but Frozen ruined that, and there is Elsie but I'm not sure about that either.

GoboTheGoat Mon 26-Oct-15 13:12:22

Would names like Merryn, Imogen or Erin be out of place with the other two?

LeaveMyWingsBehindMe Mon 26-Oct-15 13:14:12

Francesca
Imogen
Annabel
Emma
Iona
Clara
Marianne

Sebastian
Julian
Douglas
Benedict
James
Max
Fergus
Angus
Gregory
Linley

Willow123707 Mon 26-Oct-15 15:09:11

What about Georgia? I wanted to call my LO Charlotte, has my heart set on it until the princess was born and i thought if I called her that itd look like in jumping on the band wagon. So Georgia it was, middle name Kate. smile

ppandj Mon 26-Oct-15 15:29:14

OP I really like Eleanor with your DD's names. Could be Ellie/Elle/Nelly for nn?

myotherusernameisbetter Mon 26-Oct-15 16:10:47

...or Nora.

Lunastarfish Mon 26-Oct-15 16:23:51

Felicity
Miranda
Eloise

James
Marcus
Louis (royal theme)

GoboTheGoat Mon 26-Oct-15 19:00:34

Georgia is nice, will suggest that to DH.

Eleanor might grow on me. I love Felicity, but don't know if I can see myself with a Felicity.

If we have a boy it will be a nightmare. Though I do like Sebastian, and Jamie. I don't think I would put James on the BC, just Jamie.

daisydalrymple Mon 26-Oct-15 19:14:45

Think Daniel goes really well with your girls' names (beautiful choices). Similar type of boys names like Matthew, William, thomas would be great too, but doesn't mean to say you necessarily have to stick to a type.

Laura, Rosie, and Freya spring to mind for a girl.

ashesandfire Mon 26-Oct-15 19:25:01

Adelaide? Victoria, Elizabeth, Cecily, Isobel, Beatrice (All a bit royal).
I like the suggestions of Felicity and Eloise.
Florence, Harriet, Helena, Grace, Imogen.
Daniel is lovely

JuniorMint Mon 26-Oct-15 19:28:00

I have an Alice and nobody has ever mentioned the song, only nice comments and I think it goes well with your other DD's names so do keep it in the running!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now