Talk

Advanced search

had decided on Penelope nn Penny but went right off it

(28 Posts)
olaflikeswarmhugs Wed 21-Oct-15 17:58:21

What else am I likely to like? I have NO inspiration to name this baby at all sad

She's going to end up called Girl confused

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Wed 21-Oct-15 18:13:04

Are you pregnant with her or has she been born. The reason why I ask is that she might come with her own name. That happens quite a lot.
Also what is your nasming style preference.
Eg Girly sweet names
Modern names
Nature inspired/Seasonal names
Flower names
Traditional names
Unisex names
Does popularity bother you.

SpanglesGalloway Wed 21-Oct-15 18:16:19

Ah...just like me...

Loved Francesca for years. Then 'dear' bil just ruined it for me...

Since then I just can't think of any other name that I love...

Personally I like names that are not in top 50!

What do you like and we can throw some ideas out there

Laquila Wed 21-Oct-15 18:18:12

Penelope nn Penny is gorgeous!!

myotherusernameisbetter Wed 21-Oct-15 18:18:42

Flora
Annabel
Mabel
Vanessa
Vivienne
Henrietta
Meredith
Marissa
Elspeth
Louisa
Gabrielle

LadyintheRadiator Wed 21-Oct-15 18:20:33

Oh I love Penelope. Would've used it but my name rhymes with Penny so no hmm

You might come to love it again?

ThePug Wed 21-Oct-15 18:57:31

What about Persephone nn Sephy? This is my girls name frontrunner (finding out on Friday if we're having a boy or girl though so may end up not being able to!)

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Wed 21-Oct-15 19:04:10

Persephone is a fab name. I don't know why though, but it makes me think of oranges.

olaflikeswarmhugs Wed 21-Oct-15 19:17:22

I already have a 10th phoebe if that helps?

I'm still pg but I'd rather have settled on a name before she's born I don't know why I just feel waiting adds too much pressure with the time constraint.confused

Love Louisa but DSis is louise and it's DDs middle name too so too samey? Plus DH not keen hmm

Oysterbabe Wed 21-Oct-15 19:19:17

I like Penny and also like Nancy so maybe that?

Oysterbabe Wed 21-Oct-15 19:19:36

Or Molly.

myotherusernameisbetter Wed 21-Oct-15 19:52:28

Sarah with nn Sally?

hackedoffnow Wed 21-Oct-15 19:56:11

Persephone was my choice nn Percy but dh said absolutely no chance. sad

olaflikeswarmhugs Wed 21-Oct-15 20:13:59

10yo not 10thgrin

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Wed 21-Oct-15 20:18:16

Ha ha.I was thinking what you have 10 children which in itself is remarkable but they're all called Pheobe. You can't like s name that much, but each to their own I guess grin

olaflikeswarmhugs Wed 21-Oct-15 21:21:19

DH likes Jessica but it's a bit too popular for me. Don't hate it but prefer Jessie. But don't love Jessie confused

olaflikeswarmhugs Wed 21-Oct-15 21:21:39

Lighthouse I think 3 is plenty grin

Finallyonboard Wed 21-Oct-15 21:25:28

Elodie nn Ellie, Lucinda nn Lucie, Genevieve nn gennie, Beatrice nn Trixie, Cordelia nn cordie, Florence nn Flo, Cecilia nn CeCe!

ktmummy1 Wed 21-Oct-15 21:29:29

How come you've gone of Penelope?

Lunastarfish Wed 21-Oct-15 21:35:35

Fleur
Aurelia
Miranda

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Wed 21-Oct-15 23:55:47

Rosa
Sophia
Katrina
Meridith
Maria
Grace
Fern
Willow
Amber
Autumn
Hazel (Providing your last name isn't Nut)grin
Lilia
Helena
Maria

minimalistaspirati0ns Wed 21-Oct-15 23:57:29

Josephine

manicinsomniac Thu 22-Oct-15 00:24:18

Names that I feel have a similar 'vibe' to Penelope:

Antonia, Aurelia, Adrianna, Adrienne, Alicia, Audrey, Adeline, Adelaide, Aurora, Bethany, Beatrice, Claudia, Cecilia, Cynthia, Celeste, Cassandra, Clarissa, Caroline, Christina, Delilah, Dorothy, Emmeline, Eloise, Elianne, Evelyn, Evangeline, Florence, Felicity, Genevieve, Georgina, Gabrielle, Harmony, Harriet, Henrietta, Josephine, Julia, Jacqueline, Jocelyn, Katherine, Kathleen, Lillian, Lucinda, Lavinia, Laeticia, Leandra, Marissa, Melissa, Melanie, Melody, Meredith, Natalie, Ophelia, Persephone, Patience, Philippa, Rosemary, Rosalie, Rosamund, Rosalind, Stephanie, Sylvia, Tabitha, Teresa, Vivienne, Veronica, Valerie, Winifred

Titsalinabumsquash Thu 22-Oct-15 00:31:59

We had decided on Penelope nn Penny for DD but after using it for a while we went off of it, we went through the same with,

Erica
Faye
Alice

The problem we had is that I really like a lot of old fashioned names and DP liked next to no names and between us there wasn't many at all the we both liked. (And our surname is bloody awful with most things)

In the end she wasn't named until a few hours after she was born, I would have waited longer but it was important to DP that she had a name and an identity and the only name DP and I both liked (although I adore every single cell of her I don't quite adore her name still and keep accidentally calling her Elizabeth confused) was Olivia so that's what she is called, I am in love with her middle names though (Barbara Rose) they are more old fashioned, names given to celebrate people I love so I can more than live with it. smile

3timesascrazy Thu 22-Oct-15 08:33:48

OP I could of written this post myself!!
we are due dd3 in December and have/had decided on Penelope nn penny, but for some reason we have gone off it.

The other names we like are -
Ivy
Florence
Adeline
and Arabella

although there's nothing we really love doh confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now