Advanced search

Baby here: Benjamin, kit or what else?

(19 Posts)
poocatcherchampion Wed 21-Oct-15 01:28:13

We can't decide and this is dc3 and we have never had a boys name

Dh is pumping for Benjamin, I prefer kit but we don't like Christopher or Christian particularly. Other options flung about are Alexander, Seth, Sebastian

Anyone care to push this debate on?

We got in a right pickle canvaaing opinion with dd2 so not asking RL people again. If a girl it was going to be Harriet. Harry etc not on the table.

WishIWasWonderwoman Wed 21-Oct-15 01:48:03

I like Benjamin.

I love Kit but I would never use it on its own. It's very much a nickname to me.

Alexander is nice, it's a classic.
Seth has grown on me over the last few years, I like it but not as much as your other names.
Sebastian I also really like.

I think if you're not willing to lengthen Kit, your three best names are Benjamin, Alexander and Sebastian, but of course that is all just my opinion!

poocatcherchampion Wed 21-Oct-15 01:57:25

Opinion is what I need so thanks! Yoy are where we are I think!

WiIdfire Wed 21-Oct-15 06:06:29

Kit could be short for Christmas. Just a suggestion...

Fletcherl Wed 21-Oct-15 06:15:06

helentheheron Wed 21-Oct-15 06:34:04

Kit could be short for Krister (scandi boys name)?

OffMyAyersRocker Wed 21-Oct-15 06:44:26

Benjamin or Christian then you can call him Kit.

poocatcherchampion Wed 21-Oct-15 08:34:05

celtictoast Wed 21-Oct-15 08:50:27

I like Alexander and Seth. They'd go well as first/middle name, so Alexander Seth or Seth Alexander.

celtictoast Wed 21-Oct-15 08:51:05

Samuel is nice and would go well as Alexander Samuel or Samuel Alexander.

smartyclogs Wed 21-Oct-15 11:21:10

I like both Benjamin, Christopher and Christian.
If you like Kit, put Christopher on the BC but always call him and introduce him as Kit... You don't have to tell people 'his full name is Christopher but we call him Kit', what business is it of theirs.

poocatcherchampion Wed 21-Oct-15 14:14:53

The problem is we don't like the name Christopher!

We are working with Alexander at the mo. Thanks for advice to date. Maybe Samuel as a middle..

smartyclogs Wed 21-Oct-15 17:37:00

Ok, call him Alexander and give the nn Kit, who cares?
You'll then have a nice formal name for when needed, and a lovely nickname that you wanted.

I know several people who go by completely different names to the one on their BC.

Allthatnonsense Wed 21-Oct-15 22:41:22

Benedict is a bit fresher than Benjamin.

Seth is a great name. Cute on a boy, yet a strong name for a man.

CakeRattleandRoll Thu 22-Oct-15 05:21:20

Kester would also give nn Kit, I think.

helentheheron Thu 22-Oct-15 08:36:12

I really like Benjamin and Kit. Some other names on my list are Rowan, Robin and Keir. Any good?

TiredAssShowgirl Thu 22-Oct-15 08:45:02

I love Kit solo, it's one of the very few nicknames i think can stand on its own!

Cillian/Killian could work for Kit as a longer name though.

All your names are great though. Sebastian and Seth are particularly fab.

Benjamin and Alexander are nice, but Ben and Alex are fairly ubiquitous.

TillyTolly Fri 23-Oct-15 17:26:06

Kitto is a Cornish name and although it's either a diminutive of Christopher or the Welsh Gruffudd it might be a slightly more interesting option than Kit?

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Fri 23-Oct-15 17:36:09

I also love Kit but not Christopher or Christian! In fact, we seem to have pretty similar tastes as I really like all of your choices [unhelpful].

If I didn't have to take DH's opinion into account (who likes nothing), I would say my favourites are Alexander (nn Xander) or Sebastian (nn Seb). DS2 was very nearly Benjamin, but we changed at the last minute as I decided I didn't like the "jamin" bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now