Talk

Advanced search

Is it too Kardashiany...

(19 Posts)
Murloc Tue 20-Oct-15 12:33:18

...to have two children with the same initial?

I've got an Alice, and we love Arthur for current bump. Surname begins with T, and they'd have different middle initials.

Do we need to keep looking?

Stompylongnose Tue 20-Oct-15 12:34:53

The names are classic ones that won't date so I think it's fine unless you are planning a huge family (say 4+ kids )

ThroughThickAndThin01 Tue 20-Oct-15 12:35:32

I think it's fine to have two the same. More than that might look a bit Kardiashsny

Mummamayhem Tue 20-Oct-15 12:40:00

I've got two As... Really didn't think it through as I want a third and another A would be a bit cringe but no A would mean they weren't in the A gang.

Your names are nice traditional ones so I think it's fine, nice in fact.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Tue 20-Oct-15 12:41:14

I think it's fine.

howtorebuild Tue 20-Oct-15 12:41:23

The thing with the Kardashian family, is they changed classic C names to K. Christine to Khris, Courtney to Kourtney and so on so the three girls had KK initials.

EvaTheOptimist Tue 20-Oct-15 12:47:50

I had the same initial as my brother. It was fine. Felt very slightly matchy-matchy at times. No real confusion over letters in the post, as people tend to put "Miss" or "Mr". At times, a slight bonus on labelling clothes or other items that were passed down. (Though, as we are different genders, there weren't SO many of them.)

However... at age 18 my brother did change his name!! surely not JUST to escape the same initial as me!

On balance though with such "nice normal" names I think choosing the name that you love is the most important thing. Go for it.

MrsCaecilius Tue 20-Oct-15 13:07:51

I think it is fine, especially as they are different genders and will have different middle initials. I knew a family years ago with 3 sons all of whom were Mr R Blank. Can you imagine how confusing their post was??

squoosh Tue 20-Oct-15 13:25:17

I think it works fine with two siblings, more than that it looks a bit themey. But even so Alice, Arthur and Andrew (for example) doesn't come close to the heights of Kardashian kraziness.

squoosh Tue 20-Oct-15 13:28:21

Actually isn't there a reality show featuring a homeschooling, religious family with 15 kids whose names all start with the same letter?

Don't do that OP wink

scatterthenuns Tue 20-Oct-15 13:31:53

No, its only Kardashiany if you start to force t the initial on names where it doesn't belong!

Stay way from Alice, Athan, and Awen and you'll be fine!

scatterthenuns Tue 20-Oct-15 13:32:53

Christine to Khris

Not true, sorry. Kris Jenner is Kristen. Perfectly legitimate shortening.

TheOriginalWinkly Tue 20-Oct-15 13:34:31

So long as you don't call him Aliver or Aascar or Adward you're ok.

ATrueNerd Tue 20-Oct-15 13:34:35

I agree it's the changing of the C's to K's and the fact that the surname starts with K as well that makes the Kardashians weird. Two normal names with the same letter is fine, they sound lovely together. I know a family of four boys with the same initial names but they are all normal names and I think it sounds good!

squoosh Tue 20-Oct-15 13:35:16

Kourtney is the only one that's 'wrong' isn't it? I presume Khloe is a legitimate Greek spelling. I may presume wrong though.

reuset Tue 20-Oct-15 13:41:02

Well you learn something new every day, in this case Kardashiany grin I'm guessing the children of the family all have the same first initial. Arthur and Alice sound ok to me.

scatterthenuns Tue 20-Oct-15 13:42:43

Yeah squoosh. Kourtney is definitely wrong, but Khloe looks wrong too. others are fine.

Poor Rob Kardashian, no wonder he always feels so left out!

Murloc Tue 20-Oct-15 15:15:02

Thanks all, that was the response I was hoping for! smile

We'll be stopping at 2, I can't do this pregnancy lark again. Getting far too old and grumpy for it!

I'm a self-certified snob over made up/creatively spelled names, so was hoping that 2 A's wouldn't put me in the same camp! (Ducks from the PC brigade!)

howtorebuild Tue 20-Oct-15 15:30:58

isn't there a reality show featuring a homeschooling, religious family with 15 kids whose names all start with the same letter?

The Duggars, all like Dad, starting with "J", Then the first Child named his Children all "M" names, like the Mum. Even the daughter named her first child after the Dad, Jimbob, James/Jacob/Israel.

Kris Jenner is Kristen.

I didn't know that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now