Talk

Advanced search

Cassie?

(19 Posts)
Newbiehome Tue 13-Oct-15 12:55:40

What do people think of the name Cassie? Probably with the middle name May.
Surname begins with a K so would be "k" "k" sound. Not a fan of Cassandra/ Cassia etc as longer versions.

Keen on a name that is ideally not super popular but on the other hand is recognisably a name!

Thoughts would be welcome!

HelenF35 Tue 13-Oct-15 12:57:15

Caddie was one of the only girls names I liked. Had a boy though so didn't use it. Think it will sound lovely with a k surname.

NotTodaySatan Tue 13-Oct-15 12:58:04

I have a Cassie smile.

She's just Cassie. Like you we didn't like Cassandra or any other longer versions. We have a McC surname and love the alliteration of her name.

She's 7 and we've only ever met one other Cassie so it's definitely not super popular (this was important to me).

Thumbs up from me smile.

HelenF35 Tue 13-Oct-15 12:58:57

That should say Cassie, blooming fat fingers! Am not keen on May as a middle name, it's being used by too many people just now. How about Cassie Ann/e?

Zhabr Tue 13-Oct-15 13:33:45

I like this name. One of the characters from A Chorus Line called Cassie.

daisydalrymple Tue 13-Oct-15 13:36:28

Ooh it's lovely.

Sophronia Tue 13-Oct-15 16:27:30

I prefer it short for something longer, maybe Jocasta or Lucasta if you don't like Cassandra or Cassia?

NotTodaySatan Tue 13-Oct-15 16:28:56

"Jocasta or Lucasta"

I love MN grin

Junosmum Tue 13-Oct-15 16:32:45

It's on my list, personally I want it as a shortening of Cassiopeia but OH isn't happy about that.

Namesnamenames Tue 13-Oct-15 16:41:20

I have a 17 month old Cassie smile

Catherine on the birth certificate, much preferred it to Cassandra!

NotTodaySatan Tue 13-Oct-15 16:44:51

Names my Cassie is named for a Catherine smile. My Great Aunt who was the closest thing to a granny that I had. Her Dad used to call her Cassie.

IamSantaClaus Tue 13-Oct-15 16:47:12

Love it just as it is

Namesnamenames Tue 13-Oct-15 16:47:57

NotToday (felt a bit too strange to call you Satan!) I had it in my family too smile through my grandmother's Aunt - not sure what connection that is to me/DD!

KaraokeQueenOfTheNorth Tue 13-Oct-15 16:48:02

Love the name Cassie. I also love Cassandra though.

sassytheFIRST Tue 13-Oct-15 16:50:33

I've a Cassie (full name Catherine) too. Great name. Her middle name is Hope. Cassie works well with a single syllable mn IMO.

imwithspud Tue 13-Oct-15 16:51:36

I actually really like the name Cassie. It's not a name that came up when deciding on a name for either of my girls but it's a name I would consider if I were to have any more (not likely).

Lovely and not to popular. I'm another one who's not to fond of the middle name 'may' but if you like it then that's all that matters.

Love it.

Newbiehome Fri 16-Oct-15 15:40:21

Thanks everyone. Generally positive which is good!
May is a family name so will probs be going with that as a middle name whatever we chose for a first name!

Mordirig Sun 22-Nov-15 21:50:06

I have a Cassie (3) with Ann as her middle name, both family names, one from each side, Cassie after a Great Grandmother born and subsequently named after her father returned from the battle of Kasserine, Ann after GGrandmothers middle name.
It suits her perfectly and we only ever get a good response when people ask her name.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now