boys name help please!

(15 Posts)
haribo89 Sat 15-Aug-15 19:20:44

DH and I have been back and forth names for months now and someone always mentions something that puts us off that name, i think its just because they dont like it. We have decided on middle names at least, our short list is -
Ethan George Bernard porter (but DH is Ian which people say will be confusing)
Mason George Bernard porter (our little girl is called Maisie and again people think it will be confusing)
We have also been debating Isaac and zach.
What do you think of these names? And any other suggestions?
TIA

Wishful80smontage Sat 15-Aug-15 19:22:31

Ethan over mason but I prefer George to both of them smile

Wishful80smontage Sat 15-Aug-15 19:23:30

Jonah is nice and different or Noah if you don't mind popular names.

HuftysTrain Sat 15-Aug-15 19:24:12

Zach is best.

Ethan and Mason are a bit...um...well...I suspect they'd be on the list of naughty names teachers sometimes compile!

CakeRattleandRoll Sun 16-Aug-15 08:33:33

Agree that Ethan/Ian and Mason/Maisie sound very similar.

George is a great name.

How about:
Leon
Ashton
Reuben
Dylan
Nathan
Morgan

barbecue Sun 16-Aug-15 15:55:18

I like all of those.

I think Mason does sound too similar to Maisie, but I don't see any problem with Ethan as I don't think it's much like Ian.

haribo89 Mon 17-Aug-15 23:11:34

Thank you all for your input, between us we are so fussy and although your suggestions are great still not any we both agree on. We have found we both like jake now but dont think it goes with middle names?

blondiejess1982 Tue 18-Aug-15 15:45:30

What about Jacob? X

Glindathegoodwitch Tue 18-Aug-15 15:49:25

The mistake that you are making ... telling people your potential names! Ot's a rule breaker, someone somewhere, will ALWAYS have something to say about your names.

FWIW, I don't think that the Ian/Ethan thing is a concern & I love the name Ethan.

The Mason/Maisie thing is very close though and Maisie is very popular If that concerns you.

pilates Tue 18-Aug-15 15:53:43

Ethan is fine with Ian, much better than Mason.

Glindathegoodwitch Tue 18-Aug-15 16:08:45

sorry!! Just realised that you already have a Maisie! Obviously not a concern to you smile

haribo89 Tue 18-Aug-15 21:36:50

I love the name Jacob but my nephew is called Jacob, however we sadly don't see him but I find using the name a little morbid.

We have a Maisie-Ann here technically, 80% of the time she goes as Maisie though.

At the moment No name I'm falling in love with like I did my little girls.

If we chose jake how would you work the middle names we picked? Or do you think they are unusable. That will play a part in choosing a first name.

SerenavanderWoodsen Tue 18-Aug-15 21:48:40

If you go with Jake, switching the middle names would help it flow better: Jake Bernard George Porter.

Personally I like Zach the most of the names you mention (by a long way!). Ethan and Isaac are ok but I hear them everywhere at the moment (my kids are all 4 and under) and I think I'm just bored by them. Really dislike Mason and agree it sounds too similar to your daughter's name.

Gooseberrycrumble2 Tue 18-Aug-15 21:50:55

Dislike Ethan - methane. Also Mason in my mind is a naughty boys name. Sorry.

Zach or Isaac go well with Maisie though

George is lovely!!!

Jacob George Bernard works well

FunkyPeacock Tue 18-Aug-15 21:54:00

Jacob George sounds ok and you could still use Jake as a nn?

I prefer Ethan to Mason but prefer Jake, Isaac or Jack to either of them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now