Talk

Advanced search

A few name combos, opinions?

(10 Posts)
StevieJo Mon 10-Aug-15 09:06:54

What do people think of these Beatrice combos? Any suggestions?

Beatrice Carolina
Emma Beatrice
Sophie Beatrice
Beatrice Amelie
Beatrice Luna

sweetpeame Mon 10-Aug-15 09:37:44

My favourite names on your list are Amelie and Beatrice in that order. It looks like you're not considering Amelie as a first name though. Prefer Beatrice to Emma or Sophie, both of which are fine but boring. Middle names are largely irrelevant IMO but since you asked I'd go with Beatrice Amelie. Carolina is a little too regal/dated for me and Luna is absolutely awful (although apparently widely loved on MN). Am I the only person who thinks of the word lunatic when they hear it?! Shockingly bad.

ashesandfire Mon 10-Aug-15 15:44:30

I'm not a massive Beatrice fan so wouldn't have it as a fn. I love Sophie so Sophie Beatrice gmv. I also like Emma Beatrice.
Amelie and Luna don't really 'fit ' with Beatrice IMO. They sound too modern with it.

SerenavanderWoodsen Mon 10-Aug-15 15:59:35

From your choices, I prefer Sophie Beatrice followed by Emma Beatrice. I think these flow the best. However, I think Amelie Beatrice would be my personal preference, as I think that Emma and Sophie are a little dull.

Skittles88 Mon 10-Aug-15 16:46:39

Sophie Beatrice for me too, a really pretty combination.

Totality22 Mon 10-Aug-15 19:39:17

Adore Beatrice, although it is usually slated on here (people go wild for Beatrix though which I do NOT like)

Beatrice Amelie for me as well.

AnnieOnAMapleLeaf Mon 10-Aug-15 19:41:00

Sophie Beatrice - and then don't use the middle name. Sorry, really not a fan of Beatrice blush

SmugairleRoin Tue 11-Aug-15 15:23:17

Not a fan of Beatrice/Beatrix either. It just sounds so...heavy as a name, and reminds me of Bellatrix from Harry Potter. I do prefer Bellatrix though grin

I like Emma, Sophie, Carolina and Luna. Amelie is ok but I know three of them under 4!

Out of all your combos, I like Emma Beatrice the most.

Dixiebell Tue 11-Aug-15 19:29:17

I'd personally go with Beatrice Emma or Beatrice Sophie, I know they aren't on the list! But Sophie and Emma have the more classic feel of Beatrice, I think they flow better. Of the combos you have, Beatrice Amelie sounds best. V. French sounding, but I'm not all that keen on Amelie itself, I'd probably go Emily instead.

ButterflyOfFreedom Tue 11-Aug-15 19:33:03

Sophie is my favourite girls name so I have to say Sophie Beatrice smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now