Advanced search

Vote your fave boys name

(41 Posts)
Kcooper26 Sun 09-Aug-15 23:15:48

Max Kane
Flynn Kane
Blake Kane

DansonslaCapucine Sun 09-Aug-15 23:19:22

Same order as listed - Max then Flynn then Blake.

CherryBonBon Sun 09-Aug-15 23:19:36

Flynn
Max
Blake

Kcooper26 Sun 09-Aug-15 23:22:56

Ment to add do u think they go with second name?

pilates Sun 09-Aug-15 23:33:57

Max not keen on others

CakeRattleandRoll Sun 09-Aug-15 23:50:27

Max.

The k in Blake is awkward to split from the k in Kane, so doesn't flow well when said aloud.

Having both names with only one syllable sounds quite abrupt - was that the intention?

Kcooper26 Mon 10-Aug-15 00:06:57

I thought that about blake.
No but they r the only 3 boys names i like.
What do you think of flynn?

BackforGood Mon 10-Aug-15 00:22:34

Is Kane just a middle name that will rarely be heard, or are you doubling them for his everyday name?

Are you really set on 'Kane' ?

I quite like Max, but that's the only one of the four I do.

Kcooper26 Mon 10-Aug-15 00:23:22

No Kane is the last name so cant be changed lol. No middle name

BackforGood Mon 10-Aug-15 00:32:37

Oh, right, sorry, I didn't realise it was your surname, I assumed you were choosing first and middle names grin

I agree with cake then about it not really working with the 'k' sound at the end of Blake.

Kcooper26 Mon 10-Aug-15 00:36:01

Haha dont worry i didnt put it across properly at first!
Yes ive wrote blake off now.
What do you think of flynn?
Or lachlan ?

Lachlan is very nice with Kane as a surname.

Out of your original list I like Max.

HettyB Mon 10-Aug-15 07:33:49

Max Kane just makes me think Max Payne...

Out of the three, I think Flynn works better, but none of them seem to flow particularly well. I think Kane needs a longer first name with it. Sorry!

HettyB Mon 10-Aug-15 07:35:06

Lachlan works well

swimmerforlife Mon 10-Aug-15 07:45:28

I really like Flynn, Lachlan is lovely too.

sweetpeame Mon 10-Aug-15 08:33:42

Max is the best of your list although possibly the most popular currently if that's a consideration for you. I'm not adverse to Blake although generally I strongly dislike surnames as first names. It doesn't sound that great with your surname though. Flynn as a first name is absolutely awful. It's a common, quite boring Irish surname and I cannot understand for the life of me how it suddenly got trendy as a first name! Horrible. Much too "try hard" and will be dated in about 5 minutes time. Lachlan is fine.

mrsb83 Mon 10-Aug-15 11:51:30

I love the name Flynn!
Flynn Kane I think works better than max Kane but both a good choices. X

marinacortina Mon 10-Aug-15 11:52:35

Max is the only one that sounds all right with Kane. Maxwell or Maximilian would be better as a full name, they sound very elegant with Kane.

Kcooper26 Mon 10-Aug-15 12:52:19

Sweetpea thanks for your opinions but a little harsh considering one of these names are probably what ill call my child if its a boy. I happen to really like Flynn & font think its too "try hard" atall. Anyway i agree with the others Flynn probably goes best and is my fave out of the 3 names so cutting max & blake out im now left with Flynn or Lachlan.
But can someone tell me does Lachlan need to be spelt this way as i think it would confuse alot of people since its actually pronounced "locklin" so could it be spelt Lochlan or what?

X

Ladypug Mon 10-Aug-15 13:02:44

Hi K,

I know two Lachlans - one spelled Lachlan (Scottish) and one spelled Lochlan (Irish) I like the name and like Flynn too!

Kcooper26 Mon 10-Aug-15 13:04:50

Thanks ladypug i do prefer the Lochlan spelling & would save me having to correct the way you pronounce it i think. X

Fugghetaboutit Mon 10-Aug-15 13:08:14

I think a longer 2 syllable name would sound better with your short one syllable surname.

isupposeitsverynice Mon 10-Aug-15 13:14:22

Flynn is a nice name but personally I agree with other posters that Lachlan Kane flows better as a whole name.

Kcooper26 Mon 10-Aug-15 13:35:03

Yes true. I just dont no if Lochlan suits a baby. Thats the only thing. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now