Talk

Advanced search

Joel

(7 Posts)
LorryHen Sun 09-Aug-15 19:26:12

Expecting a boy in ten weeks and we've both agreed on the name Joel.

What do people think of when you hear the name? Thanks!

Ilovewheelychairs Sun 09-Aug-15 19:28:54

Love it! Unusual enough that there isn't one in every classroom but a name that everyone will have heard of. Two of my friends have little boys called Joel (living many hundreds of miles apart!) and they are both absolutely gorgeous! Go for it :-)

StrawberryMojito Sun 09-Aug-15 19:29:42

I really like it and it would have been high on my boys list were it not for the fact that Dh hated it.
As it happens, the only one I've ever personally known was an awful person. Hasn't put me off the name though.

ButterflyOfFreedom Sun 09-Aug-15 19:51:28

Love it!

Would have been on our shortlist if there wasn't already one in the family!

Good choice smile

Siennasun Sun 09-Aug-15 20:28:18

It's the best boys name there is!

I work with kids so know 10 billion Charlies and Alfies but I hardly ever meet Joels. In spite of that its not weird, everyone knows how to spell/say it.

The couple of Joels that I have known were nice and good looking.

LorryHen Sun 09-Aug-15 20:35:45

Aww thanks! I love it too and picking a name seemed a bit too easy so I thought I'd see if there was something I'd missed haha. Can't wait to meet him now, hope October comes around quickly.

SmugairleRoin Sun 09-Aug-15 23:07:19

Great choice op. Strong, not massively overused, easy to spell and pronounce. I like it a lot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now