Talk

Advanced search

Girls' name suggestions please!

(8 Posts)
Ca55andraMortmain Thu 06-Aug-15 16:54:21

I'm 30+2 with a little girl and we are having such a hard time choosing a name for her. DH never suggests any names but instantly vetos most of my suggestions. So far I have liked and DH has vetoed:
Rose
Ava
Alba
Freya
Rowan

(There have been lots more but these were the ones I really loved)

He has agreed to
Thea (this is his number one choice and what he calls the bump)
Claire
Eilidh

All of which I like but don't love. Can anyone help me either fall in love with one of the names he likes or suggest something else we both might love? Our surname begins with W if that helps at all.

ButterflyOfFreedom Thu 06-Aug-15 17:05:25

I love Freya, Thea and Rowan.

Also love:
Sophie
Chloe
Lauren
Megan
Caitlin
Leah
Maia
Bethan
Carla
Nicole

Ca55andraMortmain Thu 06-Aug-15 17:16:42

Thanks for the reply! DH has vetoed Rowan (he thinks it doesn't go with surname and is too boyish) and Freya (sounds like 'frayed' and doesn't want our baby's name associated with broken, fragile things hmm ) so those are out. I'm not too keen on any of the others on your list I'm afraid, Leah is nice but not as nice as Thea and very similar. This baby is going to be nameless at this rate!

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Thu 06-Aug-15 17:57:54

I think I'd say Claire. Not just because it's my name which incidentally I hate grin, but it's quite unusual now. She'll certainly be the only one in her class.

Ca55andraMortmain Thu 06-Aug-15 18:22:04

Lol why do you hate it? I do like that it's unusual but everyone has heard of it, so she won't know another one her age but no one will think she has a really weird name. Do you think it might seem old fashioned though?

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Thu 06-Aug-15 18:28:06

I only hate because it can't be shorted and shorter names are always more friendly.
Now if it wasn't my name. I would actually say it was quite nice.
I'd say it was more vintage than old fashioned.

Ca55andraMortmain Thu 06-Aug-15 19:22:46

Thanks, I think Claire might be back in the running!

Whatisaweekend Thu 06-Aug-15 19:30:05

Clara
Clover
Roisin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now