Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Middle name for Nancy?

(29 Posts)
BeautifulLiar Wed 05-Aug-15 10:09:57

I'm only 9 weeks but expect I'll have a girl again as DH has produced two with me already (is that right? Or could it actually be a boy?!).

Anyway genetics aside, I'm pretty sure we'll be using Nancy as I'm still sad we didn't use it with our last DD. She didn't really look like one and DH wasn't keen (though now he is hmm).

But middle names? So far I like:

Nancy Lauren
Nancy Kate (I'm a Katherine)
Nancy Cordelia
Nancy Iona

Sophronia Wed 05-Aug-15 11:17:42

Nancy Rebecca
Nancy Eliza
Nancy Ruth
Nancy Eleanor
Nancy Aurelia
Nancy Beatrix
Nancy Esther
Nancy Florence
Nancy Georgina
Nancy Ramona
Nancy Violet
Nancy Joanna

BeautifulLiar Wed 05-Aug-15 11:51:15

Really like Violet but is it too close to Violent? Definitely not Ruth. Love Beatrix and Beatrice but surname begins with J sad

BeautifulLiar Wed 05-Aug-15 11:52:15

Really like Violet but is it too close to Violent? Definitely not Ruth. Love Beatrix and Beatrice but surname begins with J sad

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Wed 05-Aug-15 12:20:25

Nancy Olivia
Nancy Grace
Nancy Marie
Nancy Beth

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 05-Aug-15 12:26:19

My first thought was Alexandra.

I love Iona though.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Wed 05-Aug-15 12:26:55

Also it doesn't particularly meAn you'll have another girl just because you have had 2. Try not to get your heart set on one gender. Be ready with boys names as well. I know a couple who have 6 children 2 boys 3 girls 1 boy.
I know a couple with 5 children boy girl boy girl boy.
So it doesn't mean you're going to have all girls. You could have 5 more dc's all boys.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Wed 05-Aug-15 12:28:06

Nancy Kate
Nancy Jill
Nancy Loren

BeautifulLiar Wed 05-Aug-15 12:30:36

I don't mind if it's a boy or a girl (i have a boy DH has raised since the age of 1) but I suppose I am hung up on using the name Nancy. If it's a boy I'll get a guinea pig and name it Nancy grin

BeautifulLiar Wed 05-Aug-15 12:32:30

Can't really have anything beginning with 'A' as it would spell out NAJ. Seems a bit dodgy? Sad though as I'd love to put my late grandma's name in there (Audrey).

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 05-Aug-15 12:32:52

I thought you say sex for a child when it's born, and gender becomes apparent later? When I had my ds3 I remember reading the statistic that the chances of having a third dc the same sex is higher when you already have two of that sex. Then the odds revert back for dc4 to fairly equal. Thinking of our friends we know more with three of the same sex, than those with oldest two of same sex then the different sex for number three. Anyway I digress

Nancy Alexandra
Nancy Iona

For me!

Bathsheba Wed 05-Aug-15 12:37:34

My Aunt Nancy is Nancy Ann

But my first thoughts would be Nancy Jane..

BeautifulLiar Wed 05-Aug-15 12:46:45

I didn't say sex or gender confused

Want something different for middle name as surname is soooo common!

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 05-Aug-15 13:19:40

No, Iliveinalighthouse did, and it was her post I was musing in terms of whether you would have another girl.

Booboostwo Wed 05-Aug-15 13:38:05

Nancy Isabel has a nice ring to it.

imsorryiasked Wed 05-Aug-15 13:42:15

Nancy May

Solo Wed 05-Aug-15 13:48:14

Nancy Louise.
Nancy Rose.
Nancy Jayne.

CakeRattleandRoll Wed 05-Aug-15 17:02:14

Nancy is beautiful. Could you find inspiration from literary or historical characters for the mn? Especially if you have a common surname - find something really special for the mn. Or use other family members' names if you're not sure about Audrey. Did your grandma have a middle name?

HelenaJohannsen Wed 05-Aug-15 18:14:58

Nancy Francesca
Nancy Adelaide
Nancy Georgiana
Nancy Anastasia
Nancy Alexandrina
or
Nancy Alexandria
Nancy Roberta (I adore the name Roberta, I don't know why)
Nancy Lilliana
Just some thoughts smile I hope this helps

Szeli Thu 06-Aug-15 01:16:25

Nancy is our choice for a DD and our middle name choices are between

Nancy Teresa
Nancy Aurelia
Nancy Rebekha
Nancy Astrid
Nancy Coral
Nancy Mhari

so far, with aurelia winning

Szeli Thu 06-Aug-15 01:19:08

* with Rebekah spelt right!

KnockMeDown Thu 06-Aug-15 01:22:16

Nancy Anne

drudgetrudy Thu 06-Aug-15 12:14:16

Many nice ideas but I wouldn't use Nancy Anne as Nancy was originally a derivative of Anne. Its a bit like Katherine Kate or Elizabeth Betsy.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Thu 06-Aug-15 12:25:52

Oh I didn't know that, Beautiful. About Nancy being a form of Anne. You certainly learn something everyday.
Will throw some other suggestions into the bag.
Nancy Isobella
Nancy Olive
Nancy Alice
Nancy June (Makes a refreshing change from the over used tedious Mae)
Nancy Louise. Louise as a mn is not as heard of now
Nancy Sophia

ItsNotAsPerfectAsItSeems Thu 06-Aug-15 13:34:36

I thought Nancy was originally from Agnes but maybe they are both forms of the same thing.

I think Nancy Audrey sounds too much of a mouthful although both are lovely names. I see it as going with something short and fun like, Nancy Jo or Nancy May or Nancy Jean. There's a little Jean (Jeanie) at ds3's nursery and she's super cool.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now