Talk

Advanced search

Margot as a baby sister for Archie?

(5 Posts)
Mclaren37 Sun 02-Aug-15 01:31:37

We have a little boy called Archer. Not initially totally my style, mainly husband's choice, but we are living in the USA right now and it works very well over here. There is also a family connection - and now it suits him and we love it.

BUT now we are due with a baby girl in a few months and are struggling with baby girl names to go with it, stylistically. I love more vintage/traditional names - and I think Archer is quite modern /American to UK ears (even though it's actually a Scottish / Victorian name).

Our current agreed upon fav is Margot Isabelle. But does this work ok with Archer? He does get called Archie, probably will do even more so when we move back to UK, and I think Margot & Archie are cute together?

Other girl options are Nancy, Camille, Agathe. Any other suggestions with Archer/Archie welcome!

ladybird69 Sun 02-Aug-15 02:24:10

Wow I love Archer very unusual I'm not so keen on Margot but that's just my personal choice. I prefer Camille, then you can have Archie and Cammie. I like having per names.

squoosh Sun 02-Aug-15 02:59:37

Margot is a gorgeous name and goes absolutely fine with Archer. To be honest I've never encountered siblings where I've thought their names clashed. It would need to be something wildly contrasting like Mary and Zebedee to warrant comment.

Sophronia Sun 02-Aug-15 11:16:03

Margot is lovely, and fine with Archie / Archer.

backtowork2015 Sun 02-Aug-15 20:11:05

I like margot

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now