Talk

Advanced search

Charles, Arthur or George

(26 Posts)
TravellingToad Sat 01-Aug-15 17:38:39

Trying to decide on name for baby boy. Other two sons are called Henry and James.

Charles would be Charlie
Arthur would be Arthur or Artie
George would be George!

We will be moving to Scotland by the time baby is born if that makes a difference and baby will grow up there.

TravellingToad Sat 01-Aug-15 17:41:18

And opinions on why you're not voting for a particular name or why you are would be helpful please.

RainbowRoses Sat 01-Aug-15 17:48:33

Arthur just because I love Artie.

Charles sounds a really grown up name.

George I like it but I would have to shorten it or I would end up making it longer by using Georgie as a NN.

George goes best with Henry and James IMO

TheBakeryQueen Sat 01-Aug-15 17:49:08

Arthur goes really well with your other names.

Not keen on Charles but Charlie is cute.

RiverTam Sat 01-Aug-15 17:49:10

Arthur

Not keen on any of them tbh, but that's the nicest.

getbusyliving Sat 01-Aug-15 17:53:06

Love Charles but dislike Charlie

George and Arthur are ok but seem very popular

stuckonnames Sat 01-Aug-15 17:53:25

I like George best of your names, especially with his brothers. I feel like there are a lot of Charlies about and while I know it's popular, I just can't get behind Arthur, still find it quite old-many, but I do like Artie as a nn!

Porkpienessie Sat 01-Aug-15 19:10:47

I have an 8 year old called Arthur and I love his name-so does he for that matter! Artie is a cute nickname but we love it in its full form. His middle name is George. Agree it is becoming popular but a fab choice. Less keen on Charles.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sat 01-Aug-15 19:45:29

Arthur.
Charlies and Georges are everywhere.

PlainHunting Sat 01-Aug-15 19:50:31

George.

I love Charles but not Charlie
Arthur is too popular now IMO.

JakeyBurd Sat 01-Aug-15 19:56:07

Arty sounds awful in a Scottish accent, and possibly worse with the 't' sounded than with a glottal stop. Georges often get called Dode, so Charlie is possibly your best bet (unless you love Dode).

ItOccurredToMe Sat 01-Aug-15 19:56:45

Arthur. It's too cute.

jarofpickles Sat 01-Aug-15 19:58:47

I've got a Henry and an Arthur!! Great names!

Wishful80sMontage Sat 01-Aug-15 20:01:53

We have very similar taste OP!
My dd is Georgia and my son (on route!) is Henry possibly Arthur as mn!
Anyway I love Charles that was also on the short list but oh preferred Henry.
I love that I don't know anyone called Charles only charlie so it feels unusual although its well known. It fits lovely with Henry and James smile

Ally1234 Sat 01-Aug-15 20:04:54

I love Henry and prefer George out of your list. Also love Edward and Rupert. No so keen on Arthur or Charles sorry x

Sophronia Sat 01-Aug-15 23:05:27

Charles

TravellingToad Sat 01-Aug-15 23:13:19

This is great thanks I'm making a tally smile my fav is George but DH is set on Charlie.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sat 01-Aug-15 23:16:12

I love Charlie, not keen on the other two.

StetsonsAreCool Sat 01-Aug-15 23:22:08

I have a George (reluctantly - it's too popular for my liking but it was actually the name that suited him best after a couple of nameless days). It is very popular round here, not sure about on Scotland though, maybe less so?

Of your names, I like the flow of Henry, James and Arthur best. Having James and George starting with the same sound wouldn't work for me.

Charles/Charlie is also nice but again, very popular. And he'll be king in your son's lifetime, if that makes any difference to you?

Caldini22 Sun 02-Aug-15 07:03:54

I like Arthur and George, not keen on Charles/Charlie.

Wishful80sMontage Sun 02-Aug-15 07:13:49

Whereas I love Charles I don't like charlie so of its between Charloe and George I would vote George

ashesandfire Sun 02-Aug-15 08:03:21

There are Georges and Charlies everywhere. I like Charles but put off by inevitable Charlie.
Arthur is great. Artie is a cute nn for when little and Art is super cool for when he's older.

sweetpeame Sun 02-Aug-15 08:46:37

Arthur is the best of your list although I'd use nn Art rather than Artie.

juneau Sun 02-Aug-15 08:52:56

Goodness, are you taking Prince Charles' names as an inspiration (he is Charles Philip Arthur George)?

They're all a bit la-di-da for my taste, tbh.

CakeRattleandRoll Sun 02-Aug-15 17:17:40

My favourite is George.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now