Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Shortlist with 6 days to go!

(26 Posts)
Treesandbees Thu 30-Jul-15 13:45:37

Being induced next Wednesday (eeek). Already had a few posts but finally got a shortlist. Please let me know which one you like:

Florence (nn Florrie/Flo)
Esme (pron Esmay)
Erin
Eva

Our surname is Sienesi (pron sea-nee-sea).

RiverTam Thu 30-Jul-15 13:46:35

Erin

ashesandfire Thu 30-Jul-15 13:52:04

Love Erin & Esme. I know a couple of Erins born lately, it may be getting popular.

scribblegirl Thu 30-Jul-15 13:56:15

I think I remember your previous posts because I love your surname!

I would go Erin or Eva. The potential mispronunciation of Esme would drive me mad and I'm not a wild fan of Florence.

BothEndsBurning Thu 30-Jul-15 14:03:14

Florence Sienesi sounds very awkward.
Esme Sienesi is very buzzy too.

Either of the others sounds OK with your surname.

GoooRooo Thu 30-Jul-15 14:12:56

I'd avoid Esme as there's enough 's' sounds going on with your surname (said by someone whose name starts with S and then married someone with an S surname!)

I think either Erin or Eva.

reuset Thu 30-Jul-15 14:15:03

I never say names are too boring or popular to use, but I'm rethinking on there being so many Eva/Evies Ellie/Ellas (not that they're dull, mind you). So would personally choose Esme then Florence.

reuset Thu 30-Jul-15 14:15:45

Ooops, Florence slightly better with your surname than Esme. If you care about that sort of thing

switchitoff Thu 30-Jul-15 14:19:03

I would avoid Florence and Esme with your surname (too many "s" sounds). Erin is less popular than Eva / Evie, so would go with that. Erin is a strong name - it puts me in mind of a confident, feisty girl climbing trees. smile

sweetpeame Thu 30-Jul-15 14:34:10

Esme or Eva definitely. I love both. Eva is more popular but depends on whether that bothers you.

MarchelineWhatNot Thu 30-Jul-15 14:37:11

How about…

Scarlett Sienesi

Sorry, it's not on your list, but I just think it would be the most beautiful name.

Blondie87 Thu 30-Jul-15 15:07:28

Eva or Erin.

Oddpet Thu 30-Jul-15 15:26:47

I think Esme sounds lovely with your surname. I don't think the 's' sound is a problem, if anything that is why I like it. Each to their own I guess grin
Eva is a close second, although I'd say that's a bit more popular.

CakeRattleandRoll Thu 30-Jul-15 16:40:25

My favourite is Esme and agree with Oddpet that it sounds fine with your surname.

PallasCat Thu 30-Jul-15 16:45:12

I don't think Florence works. It ends with a ss sound, so saying Sienesi straight after doesn't flow easily IMO. Sorry!

I like all the others. Although Esme has a ss sound, it doesn't end with it, so the sibilance isn't problematic.

In order of preference:
Esme
Erin
Eva

All sound lovely!

happymummyone Thu 30-Jul-15 16:48:45

Erin! It's a lovely name

PallasCat Thu 30-Jul-15 16:52:41

I don't think Florence works. It ends with a ss sound, so saying Sienesi straight after doesn't flow easily IMO. Sorry!

I like all the others. Although Esme has a ss sound, it doesn't end with it, so the sibilance isn't problematic.

In order of preference:
Esme
Erin
Eva

All sound lovely!

Wishful80sMontage Thu 30-Jul-15 16:54:59

Eva with your surname works the best sounds pretty or Ava is very nice I don't think Esme sounds right with the surname though.

Treesandbees Thu 30-Jul-15 19:14:02

Thanks for all the feedback. Our surname has been a big stumbling block with finding a name as just so many we like don't sound right.

Looks like Eva & Erin have moved up!

Unoriginalusername123 Thu 30-Jul-15 19:51:37

Erin is beautiful and the flow with your surname is wonderful.

Just throwing this out there..... Erica?

Yarp Thu 30-Jul-15 20:14:25

Erin
Love it!

Yarp Thu 30-Jul-15 20:14:54

Eva and variants are really commonplace at the moment

Cloggal Thu 30-Jul-15 20:26:06

Eva goes best with your surname, although I think Ava even more so, and I agree about the 's' in Esme and Florence feeling too much. Weirdly I think a 'z' would be easier - Eliza?

Some names I think go with your surname:
Juliet
Carla
Andrea
Helen
Beatrice/Beatrix
Athena

Sophronia Thu 30-Jul-15 23:05:54

Eva

stuckonnames Fri 31-Jul-15 14:03:31

Eva is best with your surname. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now