Talk

Advanced search

Poll: Middle Name Advise: For my Baby Girl 'Emily'

(31 Posts)
helpMEpickAgirlsName Mon 27-Jul-15 08:46:57

Dear Ladies,

After my last post receiving such brutal honesty on my final 3 name choices (Lol!) I have taken the majorities advice and gone with 'Emily' - which I know is common but I don't know any around and I love it- and thankfully most of you did too smile

PLEASE help me with a middle name. I really the worst case of analysis paralysis.

So far, my finals are (in no order):

Emily Louise
Emily Kate
Emily Paige
Emily Reece
Emily Grace

What's your favourite?

Thanks so much- I really appreciate your input smile

Treesandbees Mon 27-Jul-15 08:49:01

I personally like Emily Grace.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Mon 27-Jul-15 08:53:24

They all flow nicely but I wOuld second Emily Grace

Wishful80sMontage Mon 27-Jul-15 08:54:56

Emily Louise gets my vote smile classic and sweet

StrawberryMojito Mon 27-Jul-15 08:56:46

Louise or Grace.

Diggum Mon 27-Jul-15 08:57:48

I like Emily Louise too. Louise isn't much used these days and so lovely. Grace is nice but I always think of it as a "filler" name- I know so many who have chosen it as a second name. Louise stands on its own and goes well with Emily.

PurpleDaisies Mon 27-Jul-15 08:58:05

I like Emily Kate best but they are all nice.

MagpieCursedTea Mon 27-Jul-15 09:28:09

I think if you want something a bit more unusual Emily Paige is lovely. I'm not sure about Emily Reece, I'd associate Reece as a boy's name.

Sophronia Mon 27-Jul-15 10:51:58

Emily Kate

LettuceLaughton Mon 27-Jul-15 11:08:47

Emily Jane is the classic combi.

From your list I'd probably go for Louise.

yomellamoHelly Mon 27-Jul-15 11:14:58

Lovely name! (Was the one of your 3 I would have gone for.)

I think of Reece as a boys name, but generally think they're all nice. I'd probably go for Louise from your list. (Were loads around when I was a kid, but you never hear it any more.) Think Grace is quite a popular second name so would probably steer away from it.

SugarMiceInTheRain Mon 27-Jul-15 11:18:21

I'd go for Emily Kate. Next choice would be Emily Grace. Don't like Paige or Reece at all, and Louise strikes me as a very 70s/80s middle name - half the girls in my school had it as a middle name it seemed!

IsItStupid Mon 27-Jul-15 11:19:55

Emily Louise

If not, then Emily Grace

BothEndsBurning Mon 27-Jul-15 11:40:42

Are Paige and Reece family surnames?

PallasCat Mon 27-Jul-15 11:46:44

Massively in favour of Emily Kate as it was my grandmother's name.
Other than that clear winner wink I think they all work, but would give second place to Emily Reece then Emily Paige in third.

Emma321q Mon 27-Jul-15 11:54:39

Emily Grace is a beautiful name.

daisydalrymple Mon 27-Jul-15 11:57:05

I think Emily grace flows the best from your list. I like Louise (as pp said it was a very popular middle name when I was in school) but am not sure of the two L sounds following each other. Also like Paige but think of Emily as a pretty name whereas Paige is stronger, so I just think grace is more of a similar name.

CrispyFern Mon 27-Jul-15 12:07:01

I don't like Emily Reece.

All the others are nice.

barbecue Mon 27-Jul-15 12:12:46

Emily Grace

JakeyBurd Mon 27-Jul-15 12:18:34

Not keen on Paige or Louise, and Kate and Grace seem a bit tired these days.

I like Emily Reece best. The male origin shouldn't be an issue given that it's been used by a very well-known actress. But I'm in Scotland and we are far less uptight about these things than many other places. Male/female/surname/placename is never a problem to us, so I'd say if you like it then do it!

CPtart Mon 27-Jul-15 13:04:41

Emily Kate (although Emily Catherine is nicer).

Emily Louise is a real mouthful and Reece is a boys name. Don't like Paige and too many Graces.
I know Faye is not on your list but that's flows well and is a bit less over used.

NadiaWadia Mon 27-Jul-15 16:13:51

Emily Grace is the nicest of your options, IMO. Emily Kate or Katherine also nice. Emily Louise - both the 'Emily' and the 'Louise' are individually nice, but put together makes it a bit tongue-twistery - too many 'L's too close together. Dislike Reece strongly.

Have you considered Emily Rose, Emily Jane, Emily Anne, Emily Ruth, Emily Clare (if you want one syllable)?

CakeRattleandRoll Mon 27-Jul-15 17:14:25

I like Emily Louise. Another suggestion - Emily Joy?

ThroughThickAndThin01 Mon 27-Jul-15 17:17:35

Emily Grace

Tattiesthroughthebree Mon 27-Jul-15 20:08:55

Emily Kate
Emily Grace
Emily Louise

Emily Paige

Emily Reece

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now