Talk

Advanced search

mil says these are too similar..

(18 Posts)
BeautifulStars93 Sun 19-Jul-15 15:58:48

We have an Isabelle (known as izzy introduces herself as izzy) an Eliza and we love Ella (possibly Eleanor but im not keen)
isabelle eliza and ella.. too similar?

mmmuffins Sun 19-Jul-15 16:01:40

Yes, too similar.

LaceyLee Sun 19-Jul-15 16:03:00

Yes definitely too similar

QuickSketchOfRoom Sun 19-Jul-15 16:05:25

I tend to agree with your MIL (sorry) that they are very similar. I think as nicknames though Izzy, Eliza and Ella are ok but would pick longer names for when they're grown up so you could add to Isabelle & Eliza with:
Eloisa
Eloise
Elasia
Elaina/Elaine
Elana
Elenee

TruckingOn Sun 19-Jul-15 16:07:08

Ach, they're your babies. If you love those names, use them. I took people's advice and avoided a name for my third DC that I wish I'd used now.

sticklebrickstickle Sun 19-Jul-15 16:07:53

I think Ella is too similar to Eliza. Personally I think all of the El names given by Quick are too similar to Eliza as well.

I wouldn't choose an 'El' name. Sorry.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sun 19-Jul-15 16:38:12

Yes I agree the names are too similar.
What if when they're adults both Eliza and Eleanor wanted to go by El.

hhhhhhh Sun 19-Jul-15 16:41:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PresidentTwonk Sun 19-Jul-15 16:41:26

Nope, not too similar at all, they're all lovely names too. Call them whatever you want smile

bigoldbird Sun 19-Jul-15 16:49:42

Sorry, what exactly has this got to do with your Mother in Law? She has had her children, these are YOUR children. Call them what you like. x

barbecue Sun 19-Jul-15 16:55:50

Too similar IMHO.

Isabelle, Eliza and...

Louise
Lucy
Olivia
Ruby
Jessica
Victoria
Miranda
Nina
Clara
Georgia

truthaboutlove Sun 19-Jul-15 16:57:38

They are very similar.

I know a family with three similar M names and it takes so much concentration to remember which one is which. I avoid saying their names at all if I can get away with it.

Florriesma Sun 19-Jul-15 17:02:01

Go for the name you like. We have 2 similar but different names in extended family. Everyone copes.

Sophronia Sun 19-Jul-15 17:05:01

Yes, for me they're too similar, Isabelle is a version of Elizabeth, Eliza is a shortened form of Elizabeth and Ella can be used as a nn for Elizabeth.

MaggieJoyBlunt Sun 19-Jul-15 17:06:48

You have an "I" and and "E" how about an "A", "O" or "U" name for the third?

(They'll thank you later for giving them distinct initials. It'll save mix-ups with post etc)

Anna
Alba
Orla
Olivia
Olga
Oona
Una
Ursula

Una and Olivia are especially lovely and go particularly well with the sibling names.

villainousbroodmare Sun 19-Jul-15 17:07:10

Very similar, and Ella is to me by far the least distinctive of the three... could be a nickname for either of your other two girls. I would say no.
Or use Eleanor - I think it's a lovely strong name - and shorten it as you want but give her the full name.

BothEndsBurning Sun 19-Jul-15 18:05:16

What about Leonora? It's another form of Eleanor.

BeautifulStars93 Sun 19-Jul-15 21:09:44

Thanks everyone. We do have others that we like but theyre also very similar lol.
Think we need to go back too the drawing board. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now