Talk

Advanced search

Please suggest a boys name, I'm at my wits end 😣

(18 Posts)
Marzipanspice Sun 12-Jul-15 12:43:13

I'm expecting and unsure of the sex, as of yet. However, I'd love to have names sorted.

It's 100% Lydia for a girl.
I really liked Elliot for a boy,but I'm a bit put off now because someone mentioned it being a surname and it's too much of a mouthful. Which I've taken on board, since my old surname was Clark and I rember being shocked when an old school friend decided to call her boy Clark.
I don't like all this modern nonsense, so nothing like that. And no Oscar, James etc types.
I really loved the name Darren or Micky (Michael on paper), (my background is EastEnd/Spanish), but OH won't allow it.

ScrambledEggAndToast Sun 12-Jul-15 12:50:45

My favourites are:

Nathan
Toby
Jamie

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sun 12-Jul-15 13:07:24

Why bs out off a name because someone on the internet says they don't like it. Plenty of names can be surnames. I'd say Elliot is more recognised as a first name rather than a surname. Also I wouldn't say Elliot was too much of a mouthful.
FWIW IMO Elliot is a lovely name and very underused.

ButterflyOfFreedom Sun 12-Jul-15 13:08:48

Ooh my favourite is Nathan too! smile

Also like:
Leon
Hayden / Aidan
Zachary
Marcus
Rowan
Jacob
Ciaran
Simon
Daniel
Tobias
Jared
Owen
Isaac
Joel
Theo
Justin

SavoyCabbage Sun 12-Jul-15 13:10:47

Weirdly, I was going to say Nathan! shock

It sounds like I made it up now!

DonttouchthatLarry Sun 12-Jul-15 13:43:11

Elliot's lovely - and would go very nicely with Lydia if you had a girl in the future.

VixxFace Sun 12-Jul-15 13:49:17

What about
Ellis
Eli
Elias
Elijah

Marzipanspice Sun 12-Jul-15 18:28:51

Vixxface, Eli and Elijah has always sounded quite African to me for some reason.

HelenF35 Sun 12-Jul-15 18:43:59

My ds is called Elliott. Why worry about what other people think , it's your choice not theirs? If you like it use it. grin

lisaloulou84 Sun 12-Jul-15 18:49:20

I like Elliot! Mine is a Dylan, I liked Toby too.

Marzipanspice Sun 12-Jul-15 19:20:46

Think I'll stick with Elliot after all then ;)

zippyswife Sun 12-Jul-15 19:38:33

Op- think it was me on a previous thread that questioned whether it was a surname!! Don't listen to me!! No-one in RL does!!grin

I'm considering Elliott myself for potential ds3 (I'm 8 weeks). I was a bit unsure whether it sounded like a made up first name- but I'm growing more sure of it!

callamia Sun 12-Jul-15 19:38:45

I really like Elliot. If you like it, use it.

Marzipanspice Sun 12-Jul-15 19:48:36

Haha, no worries zippyswife. I'm just unsure if I should spell it 'Elliott' or 'Elliot'

Cornberry Sun 12-Jul-15 21:06:52

I LOVE Elliott. If you like it keep it! If you take everyone's opinions on board you'll never manage to pick a name!

However, names I love for a boy: Seth, Jonathan, Arthur, Edmund, Nathan, Robin, Gregory, Eli, Edward.

Madamacadamia Sun 12-Jul-15 21:11:01

Edmund, Gregory.

fattymcfatfat Sun 12-Jul-15 21:15:25

DS2 is being called Nathan! Due in 10 days.
Elliott is s lovely name, so is Micheal but my kids dad vetoed that too, on the grounds it's his name and he hates it

CakeRattleandRoll Mon 13-Jul-15 18:17:48

I really like Elliot, and would probably see it as more of a first name than a surname.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now