Talk

Advanced search

websites for inspiration.

(6 Posts)
mrsnec Wed 08-Jul-15 10:33:50

Hi,

I've just found out I'm pg again. It's early days but I liked being set on a name last time and I still feel we got it right.

I've gone off all the alternatives on our shortlist though.

I can remember seeing a website mentioned on here where you and your dp go through lists and delete the ones you don't like and then you're hopefully left with a shortlist. I can't remember what it was called though. Does anyone know what I'm on about? Or recommend another good starting point?

LettuceLaughton Wed 08-Jul-15 10:38:12

Nymbler is handy.

Sophronia Wed 08-Jul-15 11:15:58

It's called Named Together: www.namedtogether.com/

mrsnec Wed 08-Jul-15 11:56:12

That's the one I was thinking of Soph.Thanks.

Nymbler does look useful too.I realised Named together only uses UK and American names or names popular in those areas whereas we need more European names too.

Sophronia Wed 08-Jul-15 12:08:17

Behindthename has lists of the top names in many European countries, which might be useful: www.behindthename.com/top/ smile

BothEndsBurning Wed 08-Jul-15 12:08:40

I think a variety of sites can provide inspiration. Pick a few films or TV series on IMDB, and go through the cast and credit lists. All sorts of names crop up, whether it's an actor, a character or a cameraman! Wikipedia is also good for "lists of ..." anything, really. Prime ministers. Islands. Grand Slam tennis winners.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now