Can I have some opinions on these names?

(23 Posts)
Moodyblue1 Fri 03-Jul-15 13:35:54

We are really struggling to find names we like that aren't too popular, DH all time favourite girls names are Chloe & Lily but we are worried there are lots of them, same with Oscar & Jack for boys.

We have come up with some others we quite like but don't love. What's your opinions on these and can you suggest similar that we may have missed.

Felicity
Annabel
Bethany
Tessa
Pippa
Abigail
Emma

Isaac
Edward
Elliot
Dylan
Zachary
Hugo
Flynn

Thanks for your help, it's quite hard work naming another person!

fanjodisfunction Fri 03-Jul-15 13:48:49

love felicity and Hugo from your list.

honeysucklejasmine Fri 03-Jul-15 13:50:57

Felicity, Abigail, Bethany

Isaac and Zachary.

Love love love!

cosmicglittergirl Fri 03-Jul-15 13:56:13

Felicity and Hugo.

MrsHathaway Fri 03-Jul-15 14:05:06

Love: Annabel, Tessa, Pippa
Like: Felicity, Abigail

Love: Edward <biased>
Like: Flynn, Isaac

Elliot is quite trendy round here so if you're avoiding popular that would be one to knock off the list.

batfish Fri 03-Jul-15 14:37:27

We decided this week our boy's name is Flynn so I love that one smile Our girl's name is Mila. I like all of your choices though. Other boys names I loved but were vetoed by the hubby were Arlo, Otto and Grayson. And other girls names were Quinn (he does like that one though) and Harlowe. It is so hard!!

batfish Fri 03-Jul-15 14:38:17

Oh and I also thought Hector was a cute boys name and is similar to Hugo. Or Hal?

Moodyblue1 Fri 03-Jul-15 14:43:28

batfish DH keeps suggesting Hector but I can't work out if he is joking or not. We had Quinn on our boys list for a while, it's a lovely name. Love Mila too

barbecue Fri 03-Jul-15 14:44:46

I like most of them, particularly Annabel, Bethany, Dylan and Zachary.

Would you consider using one of your options as a middle name?

Annabel Felicity
Bethany Abigail
Abigail Emma
Felicity Abigail
Felicity Emma
Emma Felicity

Isaac Dylan
Edward Zachary
Elliot Isaac
Dylan Zachary
Dylan Isaac
Dylan Edward
Zachary Edward
Zachary Isaac
Zachary Elliot
Zachary Dylan

Pagalee Fri 03-Jul-15 14:45:04

If you love Chloe/Lily/Jack etc, you should use them! Who cares if they're popular?

But from your list, I like Felicity and Isaac lots.

bluebelle2662 Fri 03-Jul-15 15:04:24

My little boy is Isaac, so biased there.

I LOVE Annabel, but since I am Anna, it's a no go.

I don't like the other girls names, but love the boys!

Moodyblue1 Fri 03-Jul-15 15:53:31

barbecue we have decided to use family names as middle names as we did that with DS1 so it would be George or William for a boy. Girls slightly harder as they don't flow as well but parents/grandparents are Margaret, Laura, Annabel & Emma so ideally we would use one of them.

pagalee I know it shouldn't bother me and I dont mind the odd name clash it's to be expected but there were 4 other girls in my class with the same name as me and I hated being known as name initial throughout school so I don't want to actively put baby in that position, I don't think there would be as many Chloe's as Lily though so its not ruled out completely.

LaceyLee Fri 03-Jul-15 15:57:48

Love Emma and Edward but I do think if you love Chloe/lily and jack and Oscar but you don't love the others you should use one of them to avoid regret. Lily and jack are the best of those imo and are lovely names.

batfish Fri 03-Jul-15 16:02:16

moody Quinn was on our boy's list at first but I kept thinking of it as more of a girl's name so it moved to the girl's list smile

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Fri 03-Jul-15 16:05:59

I have a felicity and DD2 due next week is likely to be annabel so I vote for them smile

Blondie87 Fri 03-Jul-15 16:07:03

I love Edward, Isaac and Zachary! All my fav boys' names.

For girls, Annabel and Pippa are lovely (Philippa on bc).

ashesandfire Fri 03-Jul-15 18:44:09

Love Bethany - but biased!
Also like Felicity and Emma.
Love Isaac and Edward, like Dylan.
Maybe you would also like Verity, Imogen, Bryony, Harriet, Mirabelle, Susannah, Rose, Saskia, Lydia, Eliza
Dominic, Nathaniel, Elijah, Tristan

ashesandfire Fri 03-Jul-15 18:44:36

Or Henry

Totality22 Fri 03-Jul-15 19:22:10

Emma and Flynn are my faves!

redbinneo Fri 03-Jul-15 19:27:07

It depends on your surname, but Tessa and Pippa aren't really proper names are they?
Mohammed does it for me.

CityDweller Fri 03-Jul-15 19:40:25

You have excellent taste - my name, my mum's name and my nephew's name are all on your list!

Only one I don't like is Flynn.

Bethany I really like and was on my list for DD, but I did wonder <whispers> if it was potentially a bit chavvy? In the end we named her something that we hadn't even thought of before she was born (but a name of the ilk of the ones on your list - a not unusual name, but one you don't hear that much anymore.

Re. Finn/ Quinn, have you watched the first couple of seasons of Glee? Those are the names of the Quarterback-cheerleader couple! As a result I think of both names as being very American.

TempsPerdu Fri 03-Jul-15 19:50:40

Your girl's names aren't really my style but I do like Tessa. Your boy's list is great - like most of them but especially Isaac, Edward and Flynn. Only one I don't really like is Dylan.

Sophronia Fri 03-Jul-15 23:01:05

I like Abigail, Emma, Zachary and Edward.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now