Talk

Advanced search

Harry

(9 Posts)
Spagetthi123 Tue 30-Jun-15 20:57:54

I've always loved the name Harry (Partly because of Harry Potter - I'm such a geek!). Now pregnant with DC1, and it's my first choice for a boy (DH not quite so keen). I know it's really popular, but I'm trying not to let that affect my decision (It's MY baby, and I'll have to live with it's name forever!) My question is though: How many Harry's under 5 do you know?

Jenijena Tue 30-Jun-15 20:59:21

Only one, and he's only just about to be 5. I like it too.

Shadow1986 Tue 30-Jun-15 20:59:58

I know 4.

I do like Harry though. I went with Henry, and my other option was Harrison with Harry for short.

Sophronia Tue 30-Jun-15 21:00:26

I like it a lot, and I only know one under 5.

MrsBungle Tue 30-Jun-15 21:01:12

There are 5 just in my daughters y1 class. I know about 4 more under the age of 5.

StetsonsAreCool Tue 30-Jun-15 21:06:12

Only one, he's in DD's reception class. I know half a dozen up to teen age though.

I've got a six month old George - now there's a name that's overdone! I know six under 1yo. Bit of a shock to the system after DD, who is one of two with her name in the whole school...

Letmegetanamechange Tue 30-Jun-15 21:10:45

2, both nearly 4 and born within a week of each other. One is Harrison with Harry as a nickname and the other is just Harry.

I've never understood why people get so worked up about whether a name is popular or not, if you love the name you should use it! Although if I were one of the many Sarahs or Claires of my generation I may feel differently.

I think Harry is a lovely name smile

Ems1812 Tue 30-Jun-15 21:16:16

I know one & he is my DS smile it's a gorgeous name, definitely go for it.

BadHenry Tue 30-Jun-15 21:22:29

Fantastic name.

I met a super cute one a few weeks ago (he was about 1yr i think) but I don't "know" any iyswim.

Its a name I'd love to use myself but dp has ruled it out because of the royal connection hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now