Need help choosing name for 3rd dd

(19 Posts)
BlinkingNora00 Fri 05-Jun-15 15:12:07

I have narrowed the list down to 3 but the names are all very different, I'd like your unbiased opinions please! The names in no particular order are
Nina
Morwenna
Juanita
Thank you!

Hobby2014 Fri 05-Jun-15 15:16:31

I like Nina best only because I haven't heard the other two and wouldn't know how to pronounce them.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Fri 05-Jun-15 15:18:30

Nina

Elllimam Fri 05-Jun-15 15:20:12

I like Nina. Morwenna is interesting, is it welsh? For some reason it reminds me of a Disney evil queen though.

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Fri 05-Jun-15 15:21:19

I like the sound of Juanita best - but are you Spanish at all?

Morwenna is OK.

Nina is dreadful. Like police sirens.

matchingmoll Fri 05-Jun-15 15:21:26

Morwenna, then Nina. Can you say if your other daughters' names are more like Juanita, Nina or Morwenna?

fattymcfatfat Fri 05-Jun-15 15:26:19

I like Nina
morwenna is nice too
don't like Juanita

BlinkingNora00 Fri 05-Jun-15 15:27:05

Thanks for quick replies, we are welsh, so Morwenna is a welsh name. 2nd dd has welsh name but 1st does not. Juanita was my grandma's name, pronounced waneeta. She was from Texas.

CakeRattleandRoll Fri 05-Jun-15 15:33:32

Morwenna is a wonderful, old Cornish name. Definitely my favourite.
Nina is lovely, but we couldn't use it because DS calls fire engines 'nee-nahs'.
Juanita is interesting if you are not living in Spain/USA. How well do you think most British people would be able to pronounce it?

number27 Fri 05-Jun-15 20:19:19

like morwenna best

went to school with a jaunita, it was fine she never had a problem and was one of the most popular girl as in school. we live on the south coast of England.

ButterflyOfFreedom Fri 05-Jun-15 20:26:22

Nina

BlueChampagne Fri 05-Jun-15 22:05:31

Morwenna for me

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Fri 05-Jun-15 22:08:30

Morwenna. Lovely smile

Quasilulu Fri 05-Jun-15 23:58:26

Number27 I too went yo school with a Juanita on the South coast! Was her surname another girls name?

manicinsomniac Sat 06-Jun-15 11:36:19

I really like Juanita but thought it was said more like 'hwan-eeta' (I don't know how to write the starting sound, kind of like a heavy exhale I guess). I'm not as keen on 'wan-eeta' (though I realise the difference is pretty slight!) I don't think I'd use it without a Spanish connection.

Quite like both Nina and Morwenna

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sat 06-Jun-15 13:50:36

Nina.
Don't be put off by people saying about ni nar sirens. I knew a Nina in school she was never teased. In fact I was secretly jealous because she was very popular.
It's a gorgeous elegant pretty name.
The other two are a tad uppity and pretentious and try too hard IMO
I mean Morwenna might be nice a little Welsh girl living in the Valleys
And Juanita might look nice on a Spanish girl
But if you have to connections to either country ie being born there your child being conceived there. Ect. Using unusual names is being something you're not.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Sat 06-Jun-15 13:52:22

Oh sorry op just read your update
Then Morweena or Jaunita are both fine.

WankerDeAsalWipe Sat 06-Jun-15 15:20:49

I like Nina and Morwenna best. I think Juanita is a lovely name but difficult to carry off in the UK I think but Janet would be nice as a middle name to commemorate your grandma?

I also wouldn't be put off but the nee nawr thing, not everyone adds an extraneous "r" on to the end of words smile. I'd pronounce it Nee Na - with the "a" sounding like the start of apple.

I'm trying to say it in a welsh accent but failing miserably grin

BlinkingNora00 Sat 06-Jun-15 16:46:17

Thanks for all the feedback ladies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now