Talk

Advanced search

Madeleine, Daisy or Isabelle

(51 Posts)
Queazy Sun 31-May-15 20:22:07

Which do you prefer? My dh isn't sure about Madeleine, and I know posters before have referenced the link to the very sad story of Madeleine McCann, but I just think it's such a beautiful name. I'd really welcome feedback xx

taleoftwosatellites Sun 31-May-15 20:22:57

Madeleine.

reuset Sun 31-May-15 20:29:56

Madeleine

Coastingit Sun 31-May-15 20:31:29

Madeleine!

Love it, only thing stopping me considering it for dd is it's difficult to spell, and my name is and so I didn't want to inflict that on my dd.

Daisy is lovely but too 'little girl' and Isabelle is too popular, also a faff spelling wise.

Benchmark Sun 31-May-15 22:10:09

I like Daisy best. I think Madeleine is nice too. Isabelle way to popular.

KittyMcVitie Sun 31-May-15 22:25:35

Isabelle. All the Madeleines I know are now known as Maddy which I personally don't like. Not keen on Daisy.

Steph1502 Sun 31-May-15 22:38:25

Awwwwww...... That was my first reaction when I read Madeleine. Not common either. Beautiful name and in my opinion the other choices pale in comparison

Allthatnonsense Sun 31-May-15 22:39:03

Madeleine is beautiful.

KitNCaboodle Sun 31-May-15 22:39:32

Daisy. Suits lots of ages. I have a Daisy and she's not too girly. I think it suits her.

Sophronia Sun 31-May-15 22:56:09

Isabelle

Drowsybutawake Sun 31-May-15 23:08:23

Madeleine

mrstweefromtweesville Sun 31-May-15 23:12:44

Sorry, not 100% keen on any of those.
Maybe Madeleine Daisy.
Primrose?

CakeRattleandRoll Mon 01-Jun-15 04:32:13

Madeleine

ButterflyOfFreedom Mon 01-Jun-15 04:45:07

Daisy

Stinkersmum Mon 01-Jun-15 05:14:10

Madeleine. It's on my girls name list (of three....)

ItsRainingInBaltimore Mon 01-Jun-15 05:17:44

All lovely, I prefer Daisy.

madbunnygirl Mon 01-Jun-15 08:12:26

My DD is an Isabel - suits her perfectly smile

Marisola Mon 01-Jun-15 13:15:15

Madeleine. I associate the name with someone else, as will many people.

I personally don't like Daisy as a given name, but it's a traditional nn for Margaret and its variants, marguerite being the French for daisy. I like Margarita best.

Isabelle (I prefer the Isobel spelling) is lovely but currently very popular, so I would skip it for that reason.

LuluFM Mon 01-Jun-15 14:35:06

Daisy has been one of my favourite girls' names since I was four and called my doll Daisy! However, it is quite little girly and therefore quite low on my current list (am currently pregnant but don't know sex - yet).

I personally don't like Isabelle (also prefer Isobel spelling) - I find it an odd combination of pretentious and too-popular. I think - as is always the way - that some really pretentious people I knew called their daughter Isabella and it just kind of put me off.

Also really like Madelaine and that would be my top choice. Don't worry about the McCann connection - when your daughter is old enough to know it won't be an association anymore. Plus, Madelaine sounds good in/is French and thus very chic! :-)

wizzler Mon 01-Jun-15 22:02:24

Madeleine... DD is Madeleine, and actually very few people call her Maddy. It's a classic name, and not as popular currently as your other 2 choices.

BeautifulStars93 Mon 01-Jun-15 22:22:08

I have an Isabelle who was very nearly a Daisy.
Altgough its supposedly popular ive never met another and we do babygroups and nurserh. X

carbolicsoaprocked Mon 01-Jun-15 23:41:33

Madeleine - this was a serious contender for current bump. My only problem with it was the nn Maddy. People may think of Madeleine McCann initially but once they get to know your DD that will pass. Her peers will be unlikely to make that connection.

wesH Tue 02-Jun-15 09:26:04

I have always liked the name Madeleine. Daisy is cutesy and maybe not appropriate for an adult woman, but I'd still take it over Isabelle - you cant turn your head without bumping into somebody's precious little Izzy these days!

ForEverythingAReason Tue 02-Jun-15 09:26:14

Daisy for me!

I am always reminded of Madeleine McCann hen I hear the name. True that her peers wouldn't make that connection though. I just hear her Dad's voice taking about "our daughter Madeleine" at that press conference though. So sad, but probably not everyone will think the same.

I wouldn't choose Isabelle personally simply because I know lots and lots of little girls called Isabelle and Isabella.

BlueBananas Tue 02-Jun-15 09:31:36

I have an Isobel and both your other names were on my list too (I obviously prefer the Isobel spelling)
I didn't go with Daisy because I think it's too 'little girl' and Madeleine because I could never spell it
And I know everyone on here says Isobel is mega popular but my daughters 4 now and we only know of 1 other, IME it's really not that popular

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now