Talk

Advanced search

Elsa- has frozen made it popular

(11 Posts)
Dappymummy Wed 13-May-15 10:03:44

Dd named Elsa before the film but have many people now say that the name will now be really popular. How many new Elsa's do you know?

OddBoots Wed 13-May-15 10:06:04

I've not heard of any but I know quite a few pre-schoolers who like to pretend that is their name. I think you're safe. smile

IceRebel Wed 13-May-15 11:00:35

I only know of one real Elsa and she's almost 7, so not influenced by the film at all. However, like Oddboots says, lots of young children like to pretend it's their name. smile

Patilla Wed 13-May-15 11:08:00

We are in same position as you OP. DD was born a year before the film came out.
I was so frustrated at the time. On the plus side it made her really popular with all her brother's female friends in reception.
We haven't met another Elsa since DD was born.

crapfatbanana Wed 13-May-15 11:45:32

I know of one Elsa (less than a year old) but quite a few Elsies.

Elsa was almost my youngest DD's name (pre-Frozen) but we went for Elspeth instead. She does choose to call herself Elsie sometimes though. I still love the name Elsa but I'm glad we didn't choose it as our eldest daughter has a name that shot to the top of the charts a few of years after we had her even though I hadn't realised it was a popular choice.

TobikkoRoll Wed 13-May-15 11:55:11

We have a teen Elsa, the film and songs annoy the crap out of her sad

sweetpeame Wed 13-May-15 12:29:13

According to mumsnet, it's going to be really popular but I haven't come across one in RL so far. I know one Elsie who's 2.

Kiwiinkits Wed 13-May-15 23:37:21

My two preschoolers fight over who gets to pretend to be Elsa. But no, I think the name will be less popular now because of the movie.

Threeplus1 Wed 13-May-15 23:52:07

I know one and she's in her 20's - I think you're safe as it's mostly popular with 5 year olds wink

Squirrel78 Thu 14-May-15 21:22:10

Oh just let it go ....grin

reuset Thu 14-May-15 21:53:18

Honestly Squirrel! grin

It was rising slowly but steadily anyway, Disney connections aside. names.darkgreener.com/#elsa I'll eat my hat if it doesn't rise again in the name charts this year (well, the 2014 stats when they come out).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now