Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Joshua

(11 Posts)
TallGiraffes Wed 11-Feb-15 16:04:28

I love the name Joshua, and despite its apparent popularity elsewhere in the country I don't think we know any others where we live. DH is less sure though.

So what middle names would you put with Joshua if I persuade him or what else might I like in a similar vein?

evamummy Wed 11-Feb-15 16:08:44

I'd choose a name both you AND your DH loves! But think any middle name would go well, perhaps a family name?

rockinrobintweet Wed 11-Feb-15 22:07:10

do you particular like 'J' names?

Jacob?
Jasper?
Jethro?

Ideas for Joshua's middle name:
Joshua Piers
Joshua Alexander

reuset Wed 11-Feb-15 23:00:34

Henry or Samuel sprang to mind first as alternatives to Joshua.

IHeartKingThistle Wed 11-Feb-15 23:41:39

I've taught about a million and can only think of one I liked. Does that help? wink

That said, I don't think it's as popular as it was, and it does have a nice sound to it.

SarahB1083 Thu 12-Feb-15 23:08:33

Love Joshua! Joshua James is beautiful x

Arriettyborrower Thu 12-Feb-15 23:22:22

Joshua Luke?

TallGiraffes Fri 13-Feb-15 16:53:56

King thistle - oh no! My sister is a teacher and always says her list of absolute no names grows every year, didn't think Joshua might be on there!

D0nnaO Sat 14-Feb-15 08:44:51

I like it but it's not "different" enough IMO but that's just me smile

if you like it, go for it! (that's once you've brought DH round)

youbethemummylion Sat 14-Feb-15 08:50:37

I would never give a child a name one parent wasn't keen on. I also think Joshua is a wishy washy sounding name dont know why. How about Jonathan, James, Jared or Benjamin, Henry or Frederick.

bubalou Mon 16-Feb-15 13:08:31

I love Joshua too - also Joseph.

Both can be shortened nicely.

Joshua James
Joshua George
Joshua Lucas
Joshua Harrison
Joshua Jacob
Joshua Joseph
Joshua Hugo
Joshua Daniel
Joshua Samuel

smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: